Photographer Who Told Lorde To ‘Harden Up’ Facing Sexual Charges
By Anne Lu | March 28, 2014 5:33 PM EST
The photographer who told Lorde to “harden up” is now facing sexual charges. David Chai Pegler, or also known as David Grr, has been charged with two counts of unlawful sexual connection in relation to alleged incidents between 2009 and 2010.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Pegler, 26, apparently engaged in non-consensual sex with the men he met socially. He is due in court on April 7.
“These charges relate to offences that allegedly occurred between 2009 and 2010 after the accused met the victims socially,” police told GayNZ.com.
Detective Senior Sergeant Richard Corbidge is asking people with information to help police with their case.
In January, Lorde told Rookie online magazine about a guy “quite famous on Facebook and Tumblr and stuff” who posted a photo of her and boyfriend James Lowe at the beach, prompting hundreds of people to make fun of them in the comments.
“That affected me much more than it should have, because I was transported back to high school, when you get to school and everyone has been talking about something that happened to you maybe the night before or whatever, and straightaway you feel like you’re on the outside of something. I surprised myself at how stressed out I was about it,” she said.
She didn’t mention a name, but Pegler was quite sure that she was referring to him.
He said that Lorde contacted him through his Facebook page and told him that it was cruel to subject her to public scrutiny that way. He had apologised and removed the photo, however, he thought that she should get used to spiteful comments now.
“If she takes everything personally, she’s going to be a wreck by the end of the year,” he had told Herald on Sunday of Lorde. “I had to say something to her, I guess as a warning to her, that she needed to harden up a little bit.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Forced Marriages And Child Brides Rampant In Australia: Police Said
- Singapore Top Court Maintains Law Criminalising Gay Sex
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles