Tennis Star Victoria Azarenka’s BF Redfoo Returns as a Judge on ‘The X Factor Australia’
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 28, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Tennis Star Victoria Azarenka's Boyfriend Redfoo will return as a judge for the Australian version of hit reality singing competition, "The X Factor" in its upcoming sixth season.
U.S. singer RedFoo of electro pop duo LMFAO arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes January 28, 2012.
Redfoo will be joined by previous judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue and Natalie Bassingthwaite. Luke Jacobz, the host of the show, has confirmed the news, The Daily Telegraph reported.
"It's the same - Nat, Dannii, Foo, and Ronan," Jacobz said. "It's a great mix, they all have history, they've got experience and they know what's going on so it should be an interesting series," he added.
Jacobz revealed the latest season will be a lot different than the previous ones. He said there will be twists and people will be more enthusiastic and excited to join the show because they will see how much success they could gain if they win.
Redfoo joined the judging panel in the fifth series as the replacement for Guy Sebastian. Recently, a report circulated saying Redfoo was being considered as a judge for the original UK version of the show, as reported by The Sun newspaper via Tellymix.
Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole were reportedly impressed with Redfoo's performance as a judge on the Aussie version, which is why they thought he would be a great addition to their panel of judges.
"Simon wanted to wait until Cheryl was 100 percent confirmed first, so they could talk," the source revealed.
"Both of them like how edgy and cool Redfoo is, he makes a great telly," the source added. "Needless to say, Redfoo's availability to join them is going to be influenced by his stint at "The X Factor Australia."
Redfoo and his band LMFAO are currently on tour. They were in India for a series of shows over the weekend. They did a concert in downtown Mumbai on March 22. Redfoo and his band will be performing next at a nightclub in Las Vegas on March 29.
Despite Redfoo's current gigs, he should make time to be with the rest of the judges when "The X Factor Australia" kicks off the latest season next week in Melbourne.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT-SPORTS ARTICLES:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar