Tennis Star Victoria Azarenka’s BF Redfoo Returns as a Judge on ‘The X Factor Australia’
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 28, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Tennis Star Victoria Azarenka's Boyfriend Redfoo will return as a judge for the Australian version of hit reality singing competition, "The X Factor" in its upcoming sixth season.
U.S. singer RedFoo of electro pop duo LMFAO arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes January 28, 2012.
Redfoo will be joined by previous judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue and Natalie Bassingthwaite. Luke Jacobz, the host of the show, has confirmed the news, The Daily Telegraph reported.
"It's the same - Nat, Dannii, Foo, and Ronan," Jacobz said. "It's a great mix, they all have history, they've got experience and they know what's going on so it should be an interesting series," he added.
Jacobz revealed the latest season will be a lot different than the previous ones. He said there will be twists and people will be more enthusiastic and excited to join the show because they will see how much success they could gain if they win.
Redfoo joined the judging panel in the fifth series as the replacement for Guy Sebastian. Recently, a report circulated saying Redfoo was being considered as a judge for the original UK version of the show, as reported by The Sun newspaper via Tellymix.
Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole were reportedly impressed with Redfoo's performance as a judge on the Aussie version, which is why they thought he would be a great addition to their panel of judges.
"Simon wanted to wait until Cheryl was 100 percent confirmed first, so they could talk," the source revealed.
"Both of them like how edgy and cool Redfoo is, he makes a great telly," the source added. "Needless to say, Redfoo's availability to join them is going to be influenced by his stint at "The X Factor Australia."
Redfoo and his band LMFAO are currently on tour. They were in India for a series of shows over the weekend. They did a concert in downtown Mumbai on March 22. Redfoo and his band will be performing next at a nightclub in Las Vegas on March 29.
Despite Redfoo's current gigs, he should make time to be with the rest of the judges when "The X Factor Australia" kicks off the latest season next week in Melbourne.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT-SPORTS ARTICLES:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate