Google Nexus 10 2 Release in Fall With Nexus 8 to Battle iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 Tandem
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 28, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date would be this fall alongside Nexus 8 tablet to battle head on Apple's slabs.
Latest rumors claimed Nexus 10 2 will be released later this year with the rumored 8.9 tablet that was speculated to replace the Nexus 7 slab. iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display continued to dominate the tablet market. Google may have plans to rival Apple's tablets.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
According to Android Origin, the release of the second generation of Nexus 10 will not happen anytime soon since the mass production of Google's devices will be in July or in August to meet the launch window. But consumers can expect that the tablet will pack price tag worthy of specs and features.
Initial reports noted the full-fledged tablet will be released at Google's annual I/O Conference in June. The successor of Nexus 10 has missed a lot of speculated release date since October in the previous year.
Google still has not confirmed which company it will work with in making the successor of Google Nexus 10. The first generation was made by Samsung. Some reports claimed the South Korean company will make a comeback in making the tablet. Other possible manufacturers that Google may tap are HTC and ASUS. Previous reports suggested Google is working alongside HTC on the creation of the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.
According to rumors, Google Nexus 10 2 will pack 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU.
For storage, there will be the standard 16 GB and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8 MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1 MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced