'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Tease About a Lot of Goodbyes in Season 5 Finale, Is Jeremy Gilbert One of Them?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 28, 2014 4:31 PM EST
With the finale for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 getting close, fans are speculating on what could happen in the CW TV series particularly with the characters. The latest spoiler reports reveal executive producer Julie Plec teasing about a lot of goodbyes happening in the finale with someone that fans really care about not making it.
"There are going to be a lot of goodbyes as we realize the other side is disintegrating. Not everybody is going to survive that. We're going to have to say goodbye to some characters that we've grown to love over the years. That's what we'll see when we get to the finale," Ms Plec teased in the Wet Paint report. The "Other Side" and its "Anchor" Bonnie (Kat Graham) is currently an important subject in "The Vampire Diaries" Season and the executive producer's revelation could mean fans will say goodbye to the TVD characters in the "Other Side."
However, the report further pointed out that it could also mean that a living character will die and be gone for good since the CW TV series is known for delivering shocking twists, deaths or exits. Will it be Jeremy Gilbert (Steven R McQueen) this time?
"This has happened in the past on this show, but a lot of times they do return. Jeremy Gilbert has died more times than viewers can count," the Examiner report noted. Additionally, actress Nina Dobrev talked about her character Elena Gilbert's relationship with Jeremy and it sounded like Elena's younger brother will be in big trouble.
Nina, 25, shared to Zap2It that things between the Gilbert siblings will take a hard left turn when Jeremy makes a decision that will devastate Elena. "All I can say is that it's been great to play and watch Elena grow as a character. She's had to make a lot of really difficult decisions that have influenced herself and others around her, and now Jeremy is going to have to make one that is similar. So she will be majorly affected by it but because of what she has gone through, she understands, as well. She knows that she has to let him be his own person and make his own decisions because she did the same," the actress shared.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 airs Thursday nights at 8 pm ET on the CW Network. Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me" is scheduled to air on March 27, 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 2014 PaleyFest Promo Video Features the Arrival of New Villain Markos [WATCH] - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Tease About Stefan-Caroline or Steroline 'Friendly/Romantic' Moment in Episode 17 'Rescue Me' - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Looking Hot and Sexy in New Azzaro Pour Homme Fragrance Ad [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation