LG G2 Mini to Hit Global Markets in April; Specifications Roundup
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 28, 2014 4:24 PM EST
LG G2 Mini will be making its debut with a global launch in April. In the previous version, LG G2 failed to make an impact, but the Korean company is trying again with a compact version in 2014.
LG announced the LG G2 Mini would start shipping to selected Russian territories in April. In the following weeks, global markets like Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia can expect the same.
LG press kit
South Korean technology giant, LG today announced that the company’s compact variant of the flagship G2 smartphone would hit select global markets next month.
But LG has not announced the price for the mini phone as yet.
According to Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics, "The compact G2 mini offers a combination of design, hardware & UX features previously unavailable in its class, making it a very attractive option for mid-tier markets."
"With the G2 mini, our objective is to allow a much larger consumer base to be able to experience the key benefits of the G2 UX in a smaller form factor. And to that end, we're confident we've succeeded with the G2 mini," Dr. Park added.
1. G2 Mini sports a 4.7-inch (540 x 960 pixels) display, with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (16M colors).
2. There will be four color options, including titan black, lunar white, red and gold (region dependent).
3. Mini runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS and comes with 1 GB RAM.
4. It has an 8 MP rear camera with flash and a 1.3 MP front camera (13 MP for Latin American variant).
5. There is an 8 GB on-board storage with microSD card support. LG G2 Mini will be available in several variations - 3G/4G LTE, Single/Dual SIM.
6. G2 Mini has a removable 2440mAh battery.
7. Mini weighs 121 grams and has the following dimensions 129.6 mm x 66.0 mm x 9.8 mm.
8. The LTE and 3G versions feature 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processors - MSM8926 (LTE)/ MSM8226 (3G).There is also a Latin America LTE variant that will feature a 1.7 GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i chipset.
9. It supports Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS and NFC (4G LTE).
10. The add-ons include Plug & Pop, Clip Tray and Capture Plus. There is an interesting "Guest Mode," which can be enabled to restrict access for guests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes