Paul George: Catfish Scandal Not True
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Indiana Pacers Star Paul George spoke about the validity of report that he was a victim of catfish scam that had him sending nude photos to a gayman. The All-Star said there's no truth in the report and it was just made to derail his career.
"The whole story, as far as me being catfished, I know the girl that sent the pictures out," George said after the Pacers' shootaround via Indy Star. "It wasn't a catfish story, it was a girl - I don't want to get into the story but I know who's behind it."
The 23-year-old George previously hit the headlines after reports that he fathered a Miami-based stripper in the previous month. But the latest "catfish" report certainly sent several brows raising, even more after the alleged photos went viral this past week.
George, who is having another MVP-type of a season, said he has remained focused on his career despite dealing with off the court issues such as this.
"I'm good. A lot of it is just stuff trying to bring me down," George said. "I'm good with it. The thing that just came out, it's all a fake. It really don't have any wear on me because I know it's not true."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- DeMarcus Cousins, Omar Casspi Lift Undermanned Sacramento Kings Over New Orleans Pelicans, 99-89
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast