iPhone 6 Release Date in September in Two Variants – Report
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 28, 2014 3:48 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date is set in September and will be coming in two variants, according to a report.
Nikkei Asian Review stated that Apple's next smartphones will be coming in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch versions. The devices will be this fall, which is a year after its predecessor was released.
iPhone 6 Concept
iPhone 6 will enter full production soon in order to meet the timetable. Apple has released the previous iPhones on the same launch window. Moreover, it is highly possible that the Cupertino-based company will release two iPhones on its release date as it did in the past when it released the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
iPhone 5S and 5C boasted the same screen size. However, this time, the two smartphones will have varying screen displays with one entering the phablet category. The publication noted that the screen resolution was higher than current models.
The report continued that the production of the liquid crystal display (LCD) panels could start in the April to June at a Sharp factory and other locations. According to reports, LG was also contracted to be a supplier of panels and other parts for the TouchID fingerprint sensor this year. The chips for the liquid crystal driver have reportedly begun. However, it is still unconfirmed whether Apple will really push through the use of sapphire screen display.
Previous reports claimed that iPhone 6 will arrive in June at the annual Worldwide Developers Conference alongside iOS 8. It is also possible that an iPhone will be released this summer on the aforementioned event and the phablet may be released in September to rival the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. This is supported by the claim of UBS analyst Steve Milunovich that the Apple's smartphone-tablet hybrid will be announced later this year.
Apple has not disclosed the full and official specs and features of the iPhone 6 yet. However, it was speculated that iPhone 6 will pack the better and faster A8 processor with 64-bit architecture, sapphire screen display, better camera and fingerprint sensor with improved features and capabilities.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast