AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Sprint HTC One Max Gets Android 4.4 Kitkat Update
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 28, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Users of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 under the carrier AT&T and HTC One Max of Sprint will have a homework—to upgrade their phones to Android 4.4 Kitkat since both carriers already initiated the roll-out of the OS for their respective subscribers.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
GottaBeMobile reports updates of Android 4.4 Kitkat for the U.S. market started weeks ago with carriers T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S. Cellular deploying theirs for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 as early as possible. It leaves AT&T and Verizon without the Kitkat release, but as of March 27, 2014 in the U.S., after AT&T delivering the latest Android version, Verizon is the only network without one. Users, on the other hand, will not be surprised, for Verizon will be the last to deliver the much awaited OS update.
AT&T released a report of the update recently in its blog. The update contains more than 500 MB that may take time to download, but when installed, the user's Galaxy Note 3 will definitely get even better.
Good Changes Android 4.4 Kitkat Brings
The change from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to Android 4.4 Kitkat will indicate enhancements on the device including a better user interface, an integrated location menu, a default messaging app, new sound controls, better music and camera access, and an improved GPS performance. At the end of 2013, AT&T persistently received complaints regarding GPS issues, and it is a good thing that the Android 4.4 Kitkat roll-out brings the necessary fix.
How to Update Android 4.4 Kitkat for AT&T Galaxy Note 3?
Users of AT&T version of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can change their updates by following the steps: Go to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Settings > About Device > Select Software Update > Select Check for Updates. Further instructions will be prompted and the phone will automatically restart after the installation. Users are recommended to have atleast 50 per cent battery charge before updating.
Android 4.4 Arrives for Sprint HTC One Max
Meanwhile, Sprint is not letting itself behind of the update headlines. Android 4.4.2 reaches HTC One Max users, reports Android and Me. The software version for Sprint is 2.09.651.1 and brings the much awaited Kitkat features for a load of improvements. The update size will be smaller than of AT&T's Galaxy Note 3 with 344 MB.
Sprint HTC One Max users can check the update by navigating to Settings > System updates > HTC software update > Check Now.
For more interesting reads, check the posts below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build