Samsung Galaxy Mega is a Hit; More and Updated Models to Launch?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 28, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Fans of bigger phones and Samsung phablets have something to rejoice about. Samsung Galaxy Mega received positive responses and generous sales, prompting the South Korean company to roll out a second generation line-up of the smartphone despite the rising buzz of the launch of its new flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Whatsapp and Facebook icons are seen on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, February 20, 2014. Facebook Inc will buy fast-growing mobile-messaging startup WhatsApp for $19 billion in cash and stock in a landmark deal that places the world's largest social network closer to the heart of mobile communications and may bring younger users into the fold.
Since the introduction of the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung has been credited for the creation of large-sized phones aka phablets. With other manufacturers launching their own versions of above-5-inch display phones, it is safe to say that there is a growing market for people who prefer larger sized phones.
What's New in the Box?
After the success of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Mega 5.8, Samsung is reported to provide consumers with updated Samsung Galaxy Mega models to be offered in mid-range prices. According to Sammobile, details about the release of the Galaxy Mega's new models are scarce at the moment; however, the blog site "received information" that the upcoming devices may run with the Samsung's Exynos processor which it predicted to be the same hexa-core variant sported by the Note 3 Neo. With this updated feature, new Mega models could be more powerful.
The reports adds Samsung would probably offer the new models of the Galaxy Mega with Android 4.4 KitKat and might keep or closely adhere to the large 6.3-inch screen size of the original model.
Features of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
For those who are considering Samsung Galaxy Mega for their new phone, the 6.3 variant showcases 720 x 1,280 pixel, SC-LCD capacitive touchscreen display, 8-MP rear camera, 1.7-GHz dual-core processor, 8 and 16 GB internal storage, 1.5 GB RAM and an expandable storage of up to 64 GB (via microSD card slot).
There are no surfacing reports on when the new model or models of the Samsung Galaxy Mega would be launched. Yet, it is possible that the Korean phone maker is already designing these phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions