Samsung Galaxy Mega is a Hit; More and Updated Models to Launch?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 28, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Fans of bigger phones and Samsung phablets have something to rejoice about. Samsung Galaxy Mega received positive responses and generous sales, prompting the South Korean company to roll out a second generation line-up of the smartphone despite the rising buzz of the launch of its new flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Whatsapp and Facebook icons are seen on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, February 20, 2014. Facebook Inc will buy fast-growing mobile-messaging startup WhatsApp for $19 billion in cash and stock in a landmark deal that places the world's largest social network closer to the heart of mobile communications and may bring younger users into the fold.
Since the introduction of the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung has been credited for the creation of large-sized phones aka phablets. With other manufacturers launching their own versions of above-5-inch display phones, it is safe to say that there is a growing market for people who prefer larger sized phones.
What's New in the Box?
After the success of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Mega 5.8, Samsung is reported to provide consumers with updated Samsung Galaxy Mega models to be offered in mid-range prices. According to Sammobile, details about the release of the Galaxy Mega's new models are scarce at the moment; however, the blog site "received information" that the upcoming devices may run with the Samsung's Exynos processor which it predicted to be the same hexa-core variant sported by the Note 3 Neo. With this updated feature, new Mega models could be more powerful.
The reports adds Samsung would probably offer the new models of the Galaxy Mega with Android 4.4 KitKat and might keep or closely adhere to the large 6.3-inch screen size of the original model.
Features of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
For those who are considering Samsung Galaxy Mega for their new phone, the 6.3 variant showcases 720 x 1,280 pixel, SC-LCD capacitive touchscreen display, 8-MP rear camera, 1.7-GHz dual-core processor, 8 and 16 GB internal storage, 1.5 GB RAM and an expandable storage of up to 64 GB (via microSD card slot).
There are no surfacing reports on when the new model or models of the Samsung Galaxy Mega would be launched. Yet, it is possible that the Korean phone maker is already designing these phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]