‘Grey's Anatomy’ Season 10, 11 Casting Spoilers: Two More Series Regular to Exit the Show Along With Sandra Oh (Cristina)
By jaskiran kaur | March 28, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Long-running medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" is undergoing major cast change. Fans were left shocked when well-loved actress Sandra Oh's exit was announced after Season 10. They were highly disappointed when it was revealed that Sandra Oh's character Cristina Yang will be written off the show's script in the midst of Season 10 as she plans to exit "Grey's Anatomy." Recent casting update is that along with Sandra Oh, two more series regular are exiting the show this season. Read on to find out who are those two actors who are exiting "Grey's Anatomy."
Shonda Rhimes' drama series "Grey's Anatomy" will lose two more series regular along with Sandra Oh. Actress Tessa Ferrer who plays Lea Murphy and Gaius Charles who plays Shane Ross will not be returning for next season, according to Deadline. Tessa and Gaius played the role of second-year residents at Grey Sloan Hospital and were recent additions to the "Grey's Anatomy" cast as series regular,
Two of them first appeared in "Grey's Anatomy" Season 9. They joined the show alongside Camilla Luddington (Jo) and Jerikka Hinton (Stephanie) playing the role of new interns. All the four interns were together promoted to series regulars for season 10. Tessa's Leah was romantically involved with Alex (Justin Chambers) and Arizona Robins (Jessica Capshaw) and Shane was romantically associated to Stepanie (Jerrika Hinton) and Cristina Yang.
Sandra Oh who played beloved Cristina Yang, a cardiothoracic surgeon is also departing the show this season. She was introduced as an intern on season 1 and has been a series regular for ABC's show's all ten seasons. "Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 Episode 17 "Do You Know" focuses on Sandra Oh's character who will be making a life-changing decision. It is said the episode takes fans closer to Sandra's exit and makes for a perfect send-off segment.
Meanwhile, it is said that two original cast members named Patrick Dempsey who plays Derek Shepherd and Ellen Pompeo who plays Meredith Grey have renewed their contracts with "Grey's Anatomy" for two more seasons. However, this does not mean the show has been officially renewed for season 11 and season 12. While official announcement is yet to be made, the show is expected to return for its season 11 next fall.
Meanwhile it is reported Isaiah Washington who played Dr. Preston Burke, Cristina's love interest will be returning to make one last appearance. He is returning to help with Cristina's exit from the show.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays on ABC.
For spoilers from Grey's Anatomy Season 10, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS