‘Grey's Anatomy’ Season 10, 11 Casting Spoilers: Two More Series Regular to Exit the Show Along With Sandra Oh (Cristina)
By jaskiran kaur | March 28, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Long-running medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" is undergoing major cast change. Fans were left shocked when well-loved actress Sandra Oh's exit was announced after Season 10. They were highly disappointed when it was revealed that Sandra Oh's character Cristina Yang will be written off the show's script in the midst of Season 10 as she plans to exit "Grey's Anatomy." Recent casting update is that along with Sandra Oh, two more series regular are exiting the show this season. Read on to find out who are those two actors who are exiting "Grey's Anatomy."
Shonda Rhimes' drama series "Grey's Anatomy" will lose two more series regular along with Sandra Oh. Actress Tessa Ferrer who plays Lea Murphy and Gaius Charles who plays Shane Ross will not be returning for next season, according to Deadline. Tessa and Gaius played the role of second-year residents at Grey Sloan Hospital and were recent additions to the "Grey's Anatomy" cast as series regular,
Two of them first appeared in "Grey's Anatomy" Season 9. They joined the show alongside Camilla Luddington (Jo) and Jerikka Hinton (Stephanie) playing the role of new interns. All the four interns were together promoted to series regulars for season 10. Tessa's Leah was romantically involved with Alex (Justin Chambers) and Arizona Robins (Jessica Capshaw) and Shane was romantically associated to Stepanie (Jerrika Hinton) and Cristina Yang.
Sandra Oh who played beloved Cristina Yang, a cardiothoracic surgeon is also departing the show this season. She was introduced as an intern on season 1 and has been a series regular for ABC's show's all ten seasons. "Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 Episode 17 "Do You Know" focuses on Sandra Oh's character who will be making a life-changing decision. It is said the episode takes fans closer to Sandra's exit and makes for a perfect send-off segment.
Meanwhile, it is said that two original cast members named Patrick Dempsey who plays Derek Shepherd and Ellen Pompeo who plays Meredith Grey have renewed their contracts with "Grey's Anatomy" for two more seasons. However, this does not mean the show has been officially renewed for season 11 and season 12. While official announcement is yet to be made, the show is expected to return for its season 11 next fall.
Meanwhile it is reported Isaiah Washington who played Dr. Preston Burke, Cristina's love interest will be returning to make one last appearance. He is returning to help with Cristina's exit from the show.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays on ABC.
For spoilers from Grey's Anatomy Season 10, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia