‘Grey's Anatomy’ Season 10, 11 Casting Spoilers: Two More Series Regular to Exit the Show Along With Sandra Oh (Cristina)
By jaskiran kaur | March 28, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Long-running medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" is undergoing major cast change. Fans were left shocked when well-loved actress Sandra Oh's exit was announced after Season 10. They were highly disappointed when it was revealed that Sandra Oh's character Cristina Yang will be written off the show's script in the midst of Season 10 as she plans to exit "Grey's Anatomy." Recent casting update is that along with Sandra Oh, two more series regular are exiting the show this season. Read on to find out who are those two actors who are exiting "Grey's Anatomy."
Shonda Rhimes' drama series "Grey's Anatomy" will lose two more series regular along with Sandra Oh. Actress Tessa Ferrer who plays Lea Murphy and Gaius Charles who plays Shane Ross will not be returning for next season, according to Deadline. Tessa and Gaius played the role of second-year residents at Grey Sloan Hospital and were recent additions to the "Grey's Anatomy" cast as series regular,
Two of them first appeared in "Grey's Anatomy" Season 9. They joined the show alongside Camilla Luddington (Jo) and Jerikka Hinton (Stephanie) playing the role of new interns. All the four interns were together promoted to series regulars for season 10. Tessa's Leah was romantically involved with Alex (Justin Chambers) and Arizona Robins (Jessica Capshaw) and Shane was romantically associated to Stepanie (Jerrika Hinton) and Cristina Yang.
Sandra Oh who played beloved Cristina Yang, a cardiothoracic surgeon is also departing the show this season. She was introduced as an intern on season 1 and has been a series regular for ABC's show's all ten seasons. "Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 Episode 17 "Do You Know" focuses on Sandra Oh's character who will be making a life-changing decision. It is said the episode takes fans closer to Sandra's exit and makes for a perfect send-off segment.
Meanwhile, it is said that two original cast members named Patrick Dempsey who plays Derek Shepherd and Ellen Pompeo who plays Meredith Grey have renewed their contracts with "Grey's Anatomy" for two more seasons. However, this does not mean the show has been officially renewed for season 11 and season 12. While official announcement is yet to be made, the show is expected to return for its season 11 next fall.
Meanwhile it is reported Isaiah Washington who played Dr. Preston Burke, Cristina's love interest will be returning to make one last appearance. He is returning to help with Cristina's exit from the show.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays on ABC.
For spoilers from Grey's Anatomy Season 10, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools