'Titanfall' Anti-cheat Bans and Puts You in a Pool with Cheaters, Gooser Challenge Changes
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 1:42 PM EST
During the beta version of "Titanfall," there were already a handful of gamers who seem to put others at a disability for having aimbots or other cheats that let them breeze through the game.
And because of this, developer Respawn has already responded, saying that they have anti-cheat measures that will monitor and deliver judgment on the cheaters. Recent updates of this anti-cheat system has revealed that it was "in place," but not yet enforced, which puzzled a lot of gamers—until Respawn revealed that it was part of the plan.
Now, that plan is being executed as the enforcement of the system now revealed the use of FairFight to spot who's trying to get the upper hand illegally in the game.
"Titanfall uses ... FairFight to detect cheaters on the PC. Since the launch of Titanfall, we've been collecting data on people who are cheating on PC, but not immediately enforcing bans," said Respawn via the official "Titanfall" Web site.
The first step is that cheaters will be banned from "Titanfall." Players will know if they have been banned from the game if they see in the Private Lobby screen the line "FairFight: Cheat detected" in red, so if there's none there they're in the clear.
Here's where it gets interesting. Even though gamers are banned, they can still play "Titanfall." The catch is that they only get to play with other cheaters in the game. It's very much like the Xbox One's griefer-separating rep system, only for "Titanfall," it only has two tiers: cheaters and clean players.
"You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck," the developer stated.
This gets better (or worse, depending on which side gamers are playing on)—if they try making a party with their friend who doesn't use cheats, they will all become cheaters for that play session. So clean player who are invited to a party by their cheater friend will be playing with cheaters.
But once a player stops inviting their cheater friend, they can immediately get back to the clean-player population. But, of course, having a play session with a cheater friend doesn't make that player a cheater—but they have to play against cheaters during that time.
So for cheaters, it may be best to find fellow cheater friends to play with, or hope for the best that their non-cheater friends appreciate the fact that, to play with them, they'd have to play against other cheaters as well.
Gooser Challenge Made Easier
Respawn has also issued a change in one of the challenges, which is the Gooser challenge.
"We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met in order to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot," said Respawn in a statement in their official web site.
The change was acknowledged based on the feedback from the community, which points to the Gen 5 challenge where players needed to kill 50 ejecting pilots, which was now changed to just five.
Respawn also stated that since many people have already met this requirement, they may have an internal move wherein these players' actions will be recognised as an achievement once a new game update rolls out. This also means that there will be a new patch coming out soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes