'Titanfall' Anti-cheat Bans and Puts You in a Pool with Cheaters, Gooser Challenge Changes
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 1:42 PM EST
During the beta version of "Titanfall," there were already a handful of gamers who seem to put others at a disability for having aimbots or other cheats that let them breeze through the game.
And because of this, developer Respawn has already responded, saying that they have anti-cheat measures that will monitor and deliver judgment on the cheaters. Recent updates of this anti-cheat system has revealed that it was "in place," but not yet enforced, which puzzled a lot of gamers—until Respawn revealed that it was part of the plan.
Now, that plan is being executed as the enforcement of the system now revealed the use of FairFight to spot who's trying to get the upper hand illegally in the game.
"Titanfall uses ... FairFight to detect cheaters on the PC. Since the launch of Titanfall, we've been collecting data on people who are cheating on PC, but not immediately enforcing bans," said Respawn via the official "Titanfall" Web site.
The first step is that cheaters will be banned from "Titanfall." Players will know if they have been banned from the game if they see in the Private Lobby screen the line "FairFight: Cheat detected" in red, so if there's none there they're in the clear.
Here's where it gets interesting. Even though gamers are banned, they can still play "Titanfall." The catch is that they only get to play with other cheaters in the game. It's very much like the Xbox One's griefer-separating rep system, only for "Titanfall," it only has two tiers: cheaters and clean players.
"You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck," the developer stated.
This gets better (or worse, depending on which side gamers are playing on)—if they try making a party with their friend who doesn't use cheats, they will all become cheaters for that play session. So clean player who are invited to a party by their cheater friend will be playing with cheaters.
But once a player stops inviting their cheater friend, they can immediately get back to the clean-player population. But, of course, having a play session with a cheater friend doesn't make that player a cheater—but they have to play against cheaters during that time.
So for cheaters, it may be best to find fellow cheater friends to play with, or hope for the best that their non-cheater friends appreciate the fact that, to play with them, they'd have to play against other cheaters as well.
Gooser Challenge Made Easier
Respawn has also issued a change in one of the challenges, which is the Gooser challenge.
"We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met in order to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot," said Respawn in a statement in their official web site.
The change was acknowledged based on the feedback from the community, which points to the Gen 5 challenge where players needed to kill 50 ejecting pilots, which was now changed to just five.
Respawn also stated that since many people have already met this requirement, they may have an internal move wherein these players' actions will be recognised as an achievement once a new game update rolls out. This also means that there will be a new patch coming out soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying