Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-orders Out in April, But Shortages Predict May 1 Release; Verizon Exclusive Spotted?
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Several reports, as in CNet, wherein it's reported that the Sony Xperia Z2's release date, at least as far as the general public may be concerned, might be pushed back to May in the UK and Europe.
GSM Arena even adds that Sony has already contacted Unlocked Mobiles, a UK retailer, and had told them that the launch has been postponed until the first week of May, alongside the rest of all other UK retailers.
In a recent update via Android Central, however, in a statement that had been issued by a Sony spokesperson, the company has hinted at the possibility of not being able to meet demands, though it is working hard to do so.
"Xperia Z2 will be available in the UK during April and we are expecting to deliver to all consumers who have placed a pre-order through our key partners," said Sony in the statement as per Android Central.
"We are working tirelessly to maximise stock levels in April but currently we do not expect to meet the high demand across all our sales channels. Please stay tuned for further information and confirmed retail availability," continues the statement.
At the very least, this can mean that those who have pre-ordered their units will be getting the Sony Xperia Z2, while the rest would have to wait a few more days or weeks for their own. Still, those who have placed their pre-orders may want to try sorting things out with the retailer that they have ordered with, in case they have had their directions from Sony regarding possible changes in schedule.
Verizon's Exclusivity Claim to Sony Xperia Z2?
Another ongoing rumour goes that instead of T-Mobile, which had the chance of launching both the Xperia Z and Z1, Verizon will have the exclusive rights to the Sony Xperia Z2.
Phone Arena has spotted the Sony D6508, which is the suspected Verizon model, at least according to a report from Japan. The said model has supposedly already earned Wi-Fi certification last March 3 as well as support for LTE/CDMA2000/WCDMA/GSM connectivity.
Of course, this is still a rumour, especially given the inconsistency of the distribution and carriers. The market will have to wait to see if it's possible for the Xperia Z2 to become a branded smartphone.
Read more tech and gaming news:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase