Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-orders Out in April, But Shortages Predict May 1 Release; Verizon Exclusive Spotted?
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Several reports, as in CNet, wherein it's reported that the Sony Xperia Z2's release date, at least as far as the general public may be concerned, might be pushed back to May in the UK and Europe.
GSM Arena even adds that Sony has already contacted Unlocked Mobiles, a UK retailer, and had told them that the launch has been postponed until the first week of May, alongside the rest of all other UK retailers.
In a recent update via Android Central, however, in a statement that had been issued by a Sony spokesperson, the company has hinted at the possibility of not being able to meet demands, though it is working hard to do so.
"Xperia Z2 will be available in the UK during April and we are expecting to deliver to all consumers who have placed a pre-order through our key partners," said Sony in the statement as per Android Central.
"We are working tirelessly to maximise stock levels in April but currently we do not expect to meet the high demand across all our sales channels. Please stay tuned for further information and confirmed retail availability," continues the statement.
At the very least, this can mean that those who have pre-ordered their units will be getting the Sony Xperia Z2, while the rest would have to wait a few more days or weeks for their own. Still, those who have placed their pre-orders may want to try sorting things out with the retailer that they have ordered with, in case they have had their directions from Sony regarding possible changes in schedule.
Verizon's Exclusivity Claim to Sony Xperia Z2?
Another ongoing rumour goes that instead of T-Mobile, which had the chance of launching both the Xperia Z and Z1, Verizon will have the exclusive rights to the Sony Xperia Z2.
Phone Arena has spotted the Sony D6508, which is the suspected Verizon model, at least according to a report from Japan. The said model has supposedly already earned Wi-Fi certification last March 3 as well as support for LTE/CDMA2000/WCDMA/GSM connectivity.
Of course, this is still a rumour, especially given the inconsistency of the distribution and carriers. The market will have to wait to see if it's possible for the Xperia Z2 to become a branded smartphone.
Read more tech and gaming news:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy