Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-orders Out in April, But Shortages Predict May 1 Release; Verizon Exclusive Spotted?
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Several reports, as in CNet, wherein it's reported that the Sony Xperia Z2's release date, at least as far as the general public may be concerned, might be pushed back to May in the UK and Europe.
GSM Arena even adds that Sony has already contacted Unlocked Mobiles, a UK retailer, and had told them that the launch has been postponed until the first week of May, alongside the rest of all other UK retailers.
In a recent update via Android Central, however, in a statement that had been issued by a Sony spokesperson, the company has hinted at the possibility of not being able to meet demands, though it is working hard to do so.
"Xperia Z2 will be available in the UK during April and we are expecting to deliver to all consumers who have placed a pre-order through our key partners," said Sony in the statement as per Android Central.
"We are working tirelessly to maximise stock levels in April but currently we do not expect to meet the high demand across all our sales channels. Please stay tuned for further information and confirmed retail availability," continues the statement.
At the very least, this can mean that those who have pre-ordered their units will be getting the Sony Xperia Z2, while the rest would have to wait a few more days or weeks for their own. Still, those who have placed their pre-orders may want to try sorting things out with the retailer that they have ordered with, in case they have had their directions from Sony regarding possible changes in schedule.
Verizon's Exclusivity Claim to Sony Xperia Z2?
Another ongoing rumour goes that instead of T-Mobile, which had the chance of launching both the Xperia Z and Z1, Verizon will have the exclusive rights to the Sony Xperia Z2.
Phone Arena has spotted the Sony D6508, which is the suspected Verizon model, at least according to a report from Japan. The said model has supposedly already earned Wi-Fi certification last March 3 as well as support for LTE/CDMA2000/WCDMA/GSM connectivity.
Of course, this is still a rumour, especially given the inconsistency of the distribution and carriers. The market will have to wait to see if it's possible for the Xperia Z2 to become a branded smartphone.
Read more tech and gaming news:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date