‘Winds of Winter’ New Chapter Set in Braavos Released – Spoilers
By Sachin Trivedi | March 28, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Giving a taste of things to come the author of the popular book series "A Song of Ice and Fire," has released a new chapter from the upcoming book "Winds of Winter." The chapter is from the point of view of a familiar character who hates the Lannisters.
Author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Georege R R Martin has posted a new chapter from the point of view of a character called Mercy, but readers will soon discover who the character really is and why she hates the Lannisters so much.
Fans who have not read the chapter of Arianne from "Winds of Winter" may have missed out as the author has removed the chapter from his web site after putting up the new chapter of Mercy. But readers may still find the old chapter online in one of the fan sites.
The new chapter is set in the city of Braavos and is about a troupe performing a play which seems to be focusing on the deeds of Tyrion Lannister. The character Mercy is part of the troupe and she hates the Lannisters enough to kill as many as she can, no matter what their rank or position.
There is also a dwarf in the troupe who may be playing the role of Tyrion Lanniester and there is a time when Mercy threatens to cut off his nose. Readers will remember that he has fled Westeros. Is the author hinting at the possible meeting of Tyrion with Mercy in "Winds of Winter?"
The Lannisters are looking for Tyrion even in the free cities across the narrow sea. With the wars and chaos in Westeros the action seems to shifting more and more towards the free cities with two of the most popular characters Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister located here.
According to the author he may not have read or shared this chapter with the fans before and has said that the chapter was written a long time ago and has seen many revisions since then . Click here to read the sample chapter.
Fans are eagerly waiting for the release of "Winds of Winter" but the author has not given any hint as to when the new book will be released. The sample chapter may have been shared to promote the upcoming TV show based of the books "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
More Articles to Read
L'Wren Scott Funeral - Mick Jagger and Other Celebrities Say Their Final Goodbye [Read]
Emma Watson Prepares for 'Noah' Premiere with High Expectations [Read]
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' New Trailer Released - The Highest Number of Mutants Cast? [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon