'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': Commander App Improved; Gold Edition Spotted and Upgrade Scheme Almost Up
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 12:45 PM EST
The Commander App for "Battlefield 4" has improved a lot since its release, and DICE is continuing to roll out updates and tweaks for the app.
"The possibility to play Battlefield 4's Commander Mode on tablets has been appreciated by many of you. Now, you can enjoy an updated version of the Commander App for Android and iOS, with many tweaks and improvements based on your feedback," said DICE at the Battlefield Blog.
The general changes for the "Battlefield 4" Commander App include the Squad Member Visibility, which lets gamers see player names and kits in a squad; the VOIP visibility, which allows gamers to tell which player in a squad is talking to them through the feature; the ability to drop squad assets and promotions right on the squad list; and visible XP boost active scoring on the UI.
Check out the link above for more details and some questions on the Commander App answered.
Gold Edition Spotted for 'Ghosts' for Three Platforms
There seems to be a new edition of "Ghosts" headed for Steam, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 via digital, if a recent spotting is to be believed.
VG 24/7 has spotted the Gold Edition for "Call of Duty: Ghosts," which will include select DLC at $59.99. The DLCs joining the original game in the bundle include Onslaught, as well as four maps, two weapons and the Wolf Skin for the dog.
Despite this, there has been no new announcement from Activision that the download is an official edition for "Ghosts."
Upgrading 'Ghosts' to PS4 is Almost Up
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is one of those games that gamers can upgrade from either the PS3 or the Xbox 360 to their next-gen counterparts, PS4 and Xbox One. This is a promotion made available by Activision, but it's about to expire come the end of March.
Joystiq reports that the promo was made for an easier transition between consoles, as the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" title launched some time before the launch of the next-gen consoles.
Because of the upgrade program, gamers who already own "Ghosts" on the older platform can easily upgrade to the next-gen platform of their choice, so long as they pay $10 for it.
The promo will expire come March 31, so those who are planning to upgrade, or those who have just heard about the upgrade system now and would like to participate, the details can be seen in the FAQ linked here about the scheme.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying