'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': Commander App Improved; Gold Edition Spotted and Upgrade Scheme Almost Up
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 12:45 PM EST
The Commander App for "Battlefield 4" has improved a lot since its release, and DICE is continuing to roll out updates and tweaks for the app.
"The possibility to play Battlefield 4's Commander Mode on tablets has been appreciated by many of you. Now, you can enjoy an updated version of the Commander App for Android and iOS, with many tweaks and improvements based on your feedback," said DICE at the Battlefield Blog.
The general changes for the "Battlefield 4" Commander App include the Squad Member Visibility, which lets gamers see player names and kits in a squad; the VOIP visibility, which allows gamers to tell which player in a squad is talking to them through the feature; the ability to drop squad assets and promotions right on the squad list; and visible XP boost active scoring on the UI.
Check out the link above for more details and some questions on the Commander App answered.
Gold Edition Spotted for 'Ghosts' for Three Platforms
There seems to be a new edition of "Ghosts" headed for Steam, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 via digital, if a recent spotting is to be believed.
VG 24/7 has spotted the Gold Edition for "Call of Duty: Ghosts," which will include select DLC at $59.99. The DLCs joining the original game in the bundle include Onslaught, as well as four maps, two weapons and the Wolf Skin for the dog.
Despite this, there has been no new announcement from Activision that the download is an official edition for "Ghosts."
Upgrading 'Ghosts' to PS4 is Almost Up
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is one of those games that gamers can upgrade from either the PS3 or the Xbox 360 to their next-gen counterparts, PS4 and Xbox One. This is a promotion made available by Activision, but it's about to expire come the end of March.
Joystiq reports that the promo was made for an easier transition between consoles, as the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" title launched some time before the launch of the next-gen consoles.
Because of the upgrade program, gamers who already own "Ghosts" on the older platform can easily upgrade to the next-gen platform of their choice, so long as they pay $10 for it.
The promo will expire come March 31, so those who are planning to upgrade, or those who have just heard about the upgrade system now and would like to participate, the details can be seen in the FAQ linked here about the scheme.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related