'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': Commander App Improved; Gold Edition Spotted and Upgrade Scheme Almost Up
By Gel Galang | March 28, 2014 12:45 PM EST
The Commander App for "Battlefield 4" has improved a lot since its release, and DICE is continuing to roll out updates and tweaks for the app.
"The possibility to play Battlefield 4's Commander Mode on tablets has been appreciated by many of you. Now, you can enjoy an updated version of the Commander App for Android and iOS, with many tweaks and improvements based on your feedback," said DICE at the Battlefield Blog.
The general changes for the "Battlefield 4" Commander App include the Squad Member Visibility, which lets gamers see player names and kits in a squad; the VOIP visibility, which allows gamers to tell which player in a squad is talking to them through the feature; the ability to drop squad assets and promotions right on the squad list; and visible XP boost active scoring on the UI.
Check out the link above for more details and some questions on the Commander App answered.
Gold Edition Spotted for 'Ghosts' for Three Platforms
There seems to be a new edition of "Ghosts" headed for Steam, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 via digital, if a recent spotting is to be believed.
VG 24/7 has spotted the Gold Edition for "Call of Duty: Ghosts," which will include select DLC at $59.99. The DLCs joining the original game in the bundle include Onslaught, as well as four maps, two weapons and the Wolf Skin for the dog.
Despite this, there has been no new announcement from Activision that the download is an official edition for "Ghosts."
Upgrading 'Ghosts' to PS4 is Almost Up
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is one of those games that gamers can upgrade from either the PS3 or the Xbox 360 to their next-gen counterparts, PS4 and Xbox One. This is a promotion made available by Activision, but it's about to expire come the end of March.
Joystiq reports that the promo was made for an easier transition between consoles, as the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" title launched some time before the launch of the next-gen consoles.
Because of the upgrade program, gamers who already own "Ghosts" on the older platform can easily upgrade to the next-gen platform of their choice, so long as they pay $10 for it.
The promo will expire come March 31, so those who are planning to upgrade, or those who have just heard about the upgrade system now and would like to participate, the details can be seen in the FAQ linked here about the scheme.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales