Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao’s Career is Over if the Filipino Boxer Loses in Their Rematch, Calls Out Floyd Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 28, 2014 11:13 AM EST
As the rematch between Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao looms closer, Bradley's thirst to justify his victory in their controversial fight grows even more.
During a press conference for the upcoming Pacquaio-Bradley rematch on April 12 as reported by Fight Hype, the American boxer still has so much to say. Trash talk sells fights so people can expect to hear a lot of discourteous remarks and attacks from Bradley and Pacquiao until the date of their much-anticipated rematch.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines smiles during a news conference in New York August 6, 2013. Pacquiao will fight Brandon Rios of the U.S. in a welterweight match at the Venetian Macao in Macau on November 24. REUTERS/SHANNON STAPLETON
Bradley asserted that he had acquired so much experience from his most recent appearances on HBO. "I'm a different animal," he said.
It is no secret that Bradley has successfully defended his unbeaten record against Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez, who were the two boxers that he fought in 2013. Following Bradley's victory over Pacquiao, he proudly walled his welterweight title from Provodnikov and proved that he truly deserved the belt. Bradley's fight against Provodnikov was even voted as the 2013 Fight of the Year by ESPN, Boxing Scene, and Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). Then Bradley faced Marquez and won by split decision, extending his unbeaten winning streak.
With his rematch against Pacquiao, Bradley said that he already knows what the Filipino boxer will do, but he knows too, that whatever the eight-division world champion will bring to the fight will not work on him.
"I have a lot to prove, I have to prove the first fight wasn't a fluke," Bradley said.
According to Bradley, his boxing record of 31-0 is a mastery in his craft. He said that it means that he was able to beat every fighter who was presented in front of him.
"Being unbeaten is a great accomplishment," he said.
"If Pacquiao loses this fight, he knows his career is probably over," Bradley added.
Contrary to Pacquiao's claim that he will show no mercy in their rematch, the 30-year-old unbeaten boxer also said, "Manny's more compassionate now, and that's not good for boxing." He said that it has been a long time since Pacquiao has knocked a fighter out.
Bradley is probably already thinking of his next fight after Pacquaio as he had thrown himself in on to Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes. The unbeaten Bradley even called out on Mayweather, who also remains unbeaten like him.
"Mayweather is his own boss, if he wants to see me, he can come see me."
"He knows where to find me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists