Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao’s Career is Over if the Filipino Boxer Loses in Their Rematch, Calls Out Floyd Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 28, 2014 11:13 AM EST
As the rematch between Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao looms closer, Bradley's thirst to justify his victory in their controversial fight grows even more.
During a press conference for the upcoming Pacquaio-Bradley rematch on April 12 as reported by Fight Hype, the American boxer still has so much to say. Trash talk sells fights so people can expect to hear a lot of discourteous remarks and attacks from Bradley and Pacquiao until the date of their much-anticipated rematch.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines smiles during a news conference in New York August 6, 2013. Pacquiao will fight Brandon Rios of the U.S. in a welterweight match at the Venetian Macao in Macau on November 24. REUTERS/SHANNON STAPLETON
Bradley asserted that he had acquired so much experience from his most recent appearances on HBO. "I'm a different animal," he said.
It is no secret that Bradley has successfully defended his unbeaten record against Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez, who were the two boxers that he fought in 2013. Following Bradley's victory over Pacquiao, he proudly walled his welterweight title from Provodnikov and proved that he truly deserved the belt. Bradley's fight against Provodnikov was even voted as the 2013 Fight of the Year by ESPN, Boxing Scene, and Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). Then Bradley faced Marquez and won by split decision, extending his unbeaten winning streak.
With his rematch against Pacquiao, Bradley said that he already knows what the Filipino boxer will do, but he knows too, that whatever the eight-division world champion will bring to the fight will not work on him.
"I have a lot to prove, I have to prove the first fight wasn't a fluke," Bradley said.
According to Bradley, his boxing record of 31-0 is a mastery in his craft. He said that it means that he was able to beat every fighter who was presented in front of him.
"Being unbeaten is a great accomplishment," he said.
"If Pacquiao loses this fight, he knows his career is probably over," Bradley added.
Contrary to Pacquiao's claim that he will show no mercy in their rematch, the 30-year-old unbeaten boxer also said, "Manny's more compassionate now, and that's not good for boxing." He said that it has been a long time since Pacquiao has knocked a fighter out.
Bradley is probably already thinking of his next fight after Pacquaio as he had thrown himself in on to Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes. The unbeaten Bradley even called out on Mayweather, who also remains unbeaten like him.
"Mayweather is his own boss, if he wants to see me, he can come see me."
"He knows where to find me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’