Timothy Bradley Says Manny Pacquiao’s Career is Over if the Filipino Boxer Loses in Their Rematch, Calls Out Floyd Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 28, 2014 11:13 AM EST
As the rematch between Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao looms closer, Bradley's thirst to justify his victory in their controversial fight grows even more.
During a press conference for the upcoming Pacquaio-Bradley rematch on April 12 as reported by Fight Hype, the American boxer still has so much to say. Trash talk sells fights so people can expect to hear a lot of discourteous remarks and attacks from Bradley and Pacquiao until the date of their much-anticipated rematch.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines smiles during a news conference in New York August 6, 2013. Pacquiao will fight Brandon Rios of the U.S. in a welterweight match at the Venetian Macao in Macau on November 24. REUTERS/SHANNON STAPLETON
Bradley asserted that he had acquired so much experience from his most recent appearances on HBO. "I'm a different animal," he said.
It is no secret that Bradley has successfully defended his unbeaten record against Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez, who were the two boxers that he fought in 2013. Following Bradley's victory over Pacquiao, he proudly walled his welterweight title from Provodnikov and proved that he truly deserved the belt. Bradley's fight against Provodnikov was even voted as the 2013 Fight of the Year by ESPN, Boxing Scene, and Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). Then Bradley faced Marquez and won by split decision, extending his unbeaten winning streak.
With his rematch against Pacquiao, Bradley said that he already knows what the Filipino boxer will do, but he knows too, that whatever the eight-division world champion will bring to the fight will not work on him.
"I have a lot to prove, I have to prove the first fight wasn't a fluke," Bradley said.
According to Bradley, his boxing record of 31-0 is a mastery in his craft. He said that it means that he was able to beat every fighter who was presented in front of him.
"Being unbeaten is a great accomplishment," he said.
"If Pacquiao loses this fight, he knows his career is probably over," Bradley added.
Contrary to Pacquiao's claim that he will show no mercy in their rematch, the 30-year-old unbeaten boxer also said, "Manny's more compassionate now, and that's not good for boxing." He said that it has been a long time since Pacquiao has knocked a fighter out.
Bradley is probably already thinking of his next fight after Pacquaio as he had thrown himself in on to Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes. The unbeaten Bradley even called out on Mayweather, who also remains unbeaten like him.
"Mayweather is his own boss, if he wants to see me, he can come see me."
"He knows where to find me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal