Paul Walker Daughter Meadow Rain’s Custody Battle Between Her Mother & Grandmother Begins
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 28, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Paul Walker's mother Cheryl Walker is going to fight a legal battle with the mother of the deceased actor's 15-year-old daughter Meadow Rain, Rebecca. The legal battle is supposed to be in connection with the custody of Meadow. TMZ reported that Cheryl and Rebecca were supposed to fight it out on March 27.
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013 file photo. The fiery car accident last year that killed "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker was caused by excessive speed and not a mechanical failure, the Los Angeles County Sheriff said on March 25, 2014, concluding its almost four-month investigation.
Meadow had started living with her granny since August 2013. After Paul passed away in a road accident in November, Rebecca came over to live with her daughter from Hawaii. She decided to stay with Meadow and Cheryl until the situation got settled down. However, things apparently took a wrong turn when Cheryl filed a case to be the legal guardian of Meadow. Rebecca was seemingly upset about the entire process and left Cheryl's house with her daughter. She went around a mile away from Cheryl's house to live at the house of a family friend.
The major issue about Rebecca is that she has been an alcoholic for six years now. She was also charged with a couple of DUI cases. Meadow reportedly asked her dad to help her out as she had to deal with her mother's drinking issues. Paul apparently asked his daughter to leaver her mother's house and live with him. Interestingly, Paul mentioned in his will that he would have liked his mother to be the legal guardian of his daughter if he died.
Paul was reportedly upset that he was not able to give enough attention to his growing daughter due to his hectic movie schedules. He wanted to be a part of the upbringing of his daughter but he could not. Only hours before Paul breathed his last in a dreadful car accident, he apparently asked his mother to take care of his daughter. He got in touch with his mother on Nov 30, 2013, and begged her to seek retirement from her nursing job and take care of his daughter full-time.
Even though Cheryl will probably try hard to win the custody of her daughter, it is a bit unlikely for her to be on the winning side due to her history of alcoholic tendencies. The only advantage she may have is being the biological mother of Meadow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013