Paul Walker Daughter Meadow Rain’s Custody Battle Between Her Mother & Grandmother Begins
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 28, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Paul Walker's mother Cheryl Walker is going to fight a legal battle with the mother of the deceased actor's 15-year-old daughter Meadow Rain, Rebecca. The legal battle is supposed to be in connection with the custody of Meadow. TMZ reported that Cheryl and Rebecca were supposed to fight it out on March 27.
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013 file photo. The fiery car accident last year that killed "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker was caused by excessive speed and not a mechanical failure, the Los Angeles County Sheriff said on March 25, 2014, concluding its almost four-month investigation.
Meadow had started living with her granny since August 2013. After Paul passed away in a road accident in November, Rebecca came over to live with her daughter from Hawaii. She decided to stay with Meadow and Cheryl until the situation got settled down. However, things apparently took a wrong turn when Cheryl filed a case to be the legal guardian of Meadow. Rebecca was seemingly upset about the entire process and left Cheryl's house with her daughter. She went around a mile away from Cheryl's house to live at the house of a family friend.
The major issue about Rebecca is that she has been an alcoholic for six years now. She was also charged with a couple of DUI cases. Meadow reportedly asked her dad to help her out as she had to deal with her mother's drinking issues. Paul apparently asked his daughter to leaver her mother's house and live with him. Interestingly, Paul mentioned in his will that he would have liked his mother to be the legal guardian of his daughter if he died.
Paul was reportedly upset that he was not able to give enough attention to his growing daughter due to his hectic movie schedules. He wanted to be a part of the upbringing of his daughter but he could not. Only hours before Paul breathed his last in a dreadful car accident, he apparently asked his mother to take care of his daughter. He got in touch with his mother on Nov 30, 2013, and begged her to seek retirement from her nursing job and take care of his daughter full-time.
Even though Cheryl will probably try hard to win the custody of her daughter, it is a bit unlikely for her to be on the winning side due to her history of alcoholic tendencies. The only advantage she may have is being the biological mother of Meadow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report