Paul Walker Daughter Meadow Rain’s Custody Battle Between Her Mother & Grandmother Begins
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 28, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Paul Walker's mother Cheryl Walker is going to fight a legal battle with the mother of the deceased actor's 15-year-old daughter Meadow Rain, Rebecca. The legal battle is supposed to be in connection with the custody of Meadow. TMZ reported that Cheryl and Rebecca were supposed to fight it out on March 27.
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013 file photo. The fiery car accident last year that killed "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker was caused by excessive speed and not a mechanical failure, the Los Angeles County Sheriff said on March 25, 2014, concluding its almost four-month investigation.
Meadow had started living with her granny since August 2013. After Paul passed away in a road accident in November, Rebecca came over to live with her daughter from Hawaii. She decided to stay with Meadow and Cheryl until the situation got settled down. However, things apparently took a wrong turn when Cheryl filed a case to be the legal guardian of Meadow. Rebecca was seemingly upset about the entire process and left Cheryl's house with her daughter. She went around a mile away from Cheryl's house to live at the house of a family friend.
The major issue about Rebecca is that she has been an alcoholic for six years now. She was also charged with a couple of DUI cases. Meadow reportedly asked her dad to help her out as she had to deal with her mother's drinking issues. Paul apparently asked his daughter to leaver her mother's house and live with him. Interestingly, Paul mentioned in his will that he would have liked his mother to be the legal guardian of his daughter if he died.
Paul was reportedly upset that he was not able to give enough attention to his growing daughter due to his hectic movie schedules. He wanted to be a part of the upbringing of his daughter but he could not. Only hours before Paul breathed his last in a dreadful car accident, he apparently asked his mother to take care of his daughter. He got in touch with his mother on Nov 30, 2013, and begged her to seek retirement from her nursing job and take care of his daughter full-time.
Even though Cheryl will probably try hard to win the custody of her daughter, it is a bit unlikely for her to be on the winning side due to her history of alcoholic tendencies. The only advantage she may have is being the biological mother of Meadow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October