Paul Walker Daughter Meadow Rain’s Custody Battle Between Her Mother & Grandmother Begins
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 28, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Paul Walker's mother Cheryl Walker is going to fight a legal battle with the mother of the deceased actor's 15-year-old daughter Meadow Rain, Rebecca. The legal battle is supposed to be in connection with the custody of Meadow. TMZ reported that Cheryl and Rebecca were supposed to fight it out on March 27.
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013 file photo. The fiery car accident last year that killed "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker was caused by excessive speed and not a mechanical failure, the Los Angeles County Sheriff said on March 25, 2014, concluding its almost four-month investigation.
Meadow had started living with her granny since August 2013. After Paul passed away in a road accident in November, Rebecca came over to live with her daughter from Hawaii. She decided to stay with Meadow and Cheryl until the situation got settled down. However, things apparently took a wrong turn when Cheryl filed a case to be the legal guardian of Meadow. Rebecca was seemingly upset about the entire process and left Cheryl's house with her daughter. She went around a mile away from Cheryl's house to live at the house of a family friend.
The major issue about Rebecca is that she has been an alcoholic for six years now. She was also charged with a couple of DUI cases. Meadow reportedly asked her dad to help her out as she had to deal with her mother's drinking issues. Paul apparently asked his daughter to leaver her mother's house and live with him. Interestingly, Paul mentioned in his will that he would have liked his mother to be the legal guardian of his daughter if he died.
Paul was reportedly upset that he was not able to give enough attention to his growing daughter due to his hectic movie schedules. He wanted to be a part of the upbringing of his daughter but he could not. Only hours before Paul breathed his last in a dreadful car accident, he apparently asked his mother to take care of his daughter. He got in touch with his mother on Nov 30, 2013, and begged her to seek retirement from her nursing job and take care of his daughter full-time.
Even though Cheryl will probably try hard to win the custody of her daughter, it is a bit unlikely for her to be on the winning side due to her history of alcoholic tendencies. The only advantage she may have is being the biological mother of Meadow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS