New HTC One (M8) Fails Hammer Torture Test
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 28, 2014 10:13 AM EST
The new HTC One (M8) once again gets rave reviews from tech Web sites, boosting once again the value of the beleaguered Taiwanese phone maker.
The new HTC One (M8) during a launch event in New York.
However, Slash Gear, in a torture test, found a weakness in the new HTC One - it failed the hammer test.
The Web site initially tried scratching the smartphone using coins and found light and deep scratches on the aluminium back, but the Gorilla Glass screen protected the gadget's front.
When it used a butcher knife, threw a some heavy damaged to the back, but the display still survives, indicating screen protectors aren't necessary if you own an HTC One (M8). The same results were recorded when a pocketknife was used.
But it is another story when the hammer was used because light to medium tapping already destroyed one of the two shooters. Heavier hammer blows destroyed the back.
HTC One (M8) has a 5-inch screen that is known for its bright and sharp images, a 4-ultrapixel camera and is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.
It runs on Android 4.4 OS and is available in colours grey, silver and rose gold. The smartphone is available at U.S. carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon.
Find out also how the HTC One (M8) fared in a separate water test.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy