Dodgers Dislodge Yankees in Payroll Throne
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Based on the report, the Dodgers are projected to have a payroll worth $235 million while the Yankees will come in second at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies will have the third largest payroll worth $180 million while the Detroit Tigers rounded out the top-4 at $162 million.
"The Dodgers have a projected payroll of $235 million, while the Yankees will come in at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies have a $180 million payroll, followed by the Boston Red Sox at $163 million and Detroit Tigers at $162 million," via the Associated Press.
Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti believed their payroll only shows the team's eagerness to win a championship and give back to its fans a winning culture.
"We've got great ownership and a great fan base, and we need to do what we can to win games," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said last week in Sydney, where Los Angeles swept its opening, two-game series against Arizona via AP.
"I don't think the guys worry about it. I know we don't worry about it. We're expected to win, and that's how we go about it. Money doesn't mean you win. Money just means you have a chance to get the best players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia