Dodgers Dislodge Yankees in Payroll Throne
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Based on the report, the Dodgers are projected to have a payroll worth $235 million while the Yankees will come in second at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies will have the third largest payroll worth $180 million while the Detroit Tigers rounded out the top-4 at $162 million.
"The Dodgers have a projected payroll of $235 million, while the Yankees will come in at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies have a $180 million payroll, followed by the Boston Red Sox at $163 million and Detroit Tigers at $162 million," via the Associated Press.
Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti believed their payroll only shows the team's eagerness to win a championship and give back to its fans a winning culture.
"We've got great ownership and a great fan base, and we need to do what we can to win games," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said last week in Sydney, where Los Angeles swept its opening, two-game series against Arizona via AP.
"I don't think the guys worry about it. I know we don't worry about it. We're expected to win, and that's how we go about it. Money doesn't mean you win. Money just means you have a chance to get the best players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery