Dodgers Dislodge Yankees in Payroll Throne
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Based on the report, the Dodgers are projected to have a payroll worth $235 million while the Yankees will come in second at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies will have the third largest payroll worth $180 million while the Detroit Tigers rounded out the top-4 at $162 million.
"The Dodgers have a projected payroll of $235 million, while the Yankees will come in at $204 million. The Philadelphia Phillies have a $180 million payroll, followed by the Boston Red Sox at $163 million and Detroit Tigers at $162 million," via the Associated Press.
Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti believed their payroll only shows the team's eagerness to win a championship and give back to its fans a winning culture.
"We've got great ownership and a great fan base, and we need to do what we can to win games," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said last week in Sydney, where Los Angeles swept its opening, two-game series against Arizona via AP.
"I don't think the guys worry about it. I know we don't worry about it. We're expected to win, and that's how we go about it. Money doesn't mean you win. Money just means you have a chance to get the best players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around