The Seattle Mariners Release Endy Chavez, Humbeto Quintero and Scott Baker
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:24 AM EST
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly released Endy Chevez and Humberto Quitero to avert the $100,000 retention bonus. On the other hand, the team has already waived Scott Baker at his own request on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Mariners have also released Baker at his own request after refusing to be assigned in the team's farm squad at Triple-A Tacoma. The 32-year old hurler went 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training putting for the Mariners.
"The Seattle Mariners have released Scott Baker at the pitcher's request. The 32-year-old asked for his release after refusing an assignment to Triple-A Tacoma. Baker was 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training starts for Seattle," via Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider