The Seattle Mariners Release Endy Chavez, Humbeto Quintero and Scott Baker
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:24 AM EST
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly released Endy Chevez and Humberto Quitero to avert the $100,000 retention bonus. On the other hand, the team has already waived Scott Baker at his own request on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Mariners have also released Baker at his own request after refusing to be assigned in the team's farm squad at Triple-A Tacoma. The 32-year old hurler went 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training putting for the Mariners.
"The Seattle Mariners have released Scott Baker at the pitcher's request. The 32-year-old asked for his release after refusing an assignment to Triple-A Tacoma. Baker was 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training starts for Seattle," via Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks