The Seattle Mariners Release Endy Chavez, Humbeto Quintero and Scott Baker
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:24 AM EST
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly released Endy Chevez and Humberto Quitero to avert the $100,000 retention bonus. On the other hand, the team has already waived Scott Baker at his own request on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Mariners have also released Baker at his own request after refusing to be assigned in the team's farm squad at Triple-A Tacoma. The 32-year old hurler went 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training putting for the Mariners.
"The Seattle Mariners have released Scott Baker at the pitcher's request. The 32-year-old asked for his release after refusing an assignment to Triple-A Tacoma. Baker was 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training starts for Seattle," via Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’