The Seattle Mariners Release Endy Chavez, Humbeto Quintero and Scott Baker
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:24 AM EST
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly released Endy Chevez and Humberto Quitero to avert the $100,000 retention bonus. On the other hand, the team has already waived Scott Baker at his own request on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Mariners have also released Baker at his own request after refusing to be assigned in the team's farm squad at Triple-A Tacoma. The 32-year old hurler went 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training putting for the Mariners.
"The Seattle Mariners have released Scott Baker at the pitcher's request. The 32-year-old asked for his release after refusing an assignment to Triple-A Tacoma. Baker was 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training starts for Seattle," via Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments