The Seattle Mariners Release Endy Chavez, Humbeto Quintero and Scott Baker
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:24 AM EST
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly released Endy Chevez and Humberto Quitero to avert the $100,000 retention bonus. On the other hand, the team has already waived Scott Baker at his own request on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Mariners have also released Baker at his own request after refusing to be assigned in the team's farm squad at Triple-A Tacoma. The 32-year old hurler went 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training putting for the Mariners.
"The Seattle Mariners have released Scott Baker at the pitcher's request. The 32-year-old asked for his release after refusing an assignment to Triple-A Tacoma. Baker was 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in four spring training starts for Seattle," via Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More