MLB Trade Rumors: Andre Ethier Aware of Possibly Getting Traded
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:21 AM EST
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier has been one of the hottest names on the trading mill over the past few months. As the Dodgers continue to deal with an influx of outfielders on their roster, there are speculations that Ethier could be the odd man out.
In an interview with MLB.com, Ethier admitted that he's aware of the trade rumors going on but stressed that he's still looking towards playing and contributing for the Dodgers until the day he gets traded.
"I thought I handled it last year from the year before -- it's the same old stuff," he said of the trade talk. I prepare every offseason to make myself better to make the team win. I'm a Dodger until I'm told otherwise. That's why I'm here today," Ethier told MLB.com in December.
Etheir, who underwent micro-fracture surgery in his left leg, already started doing road work and might try doing more advanced workouts as he looks forward to play for the Dodgers this coming season.
"No aches or pains when I run, just a little tender to the touch," he said. "But nothing to hold me back from moving on to the next stage."
And the Rumor Mill Keeps Going
The Dodgers, who already dislodged the New York Yankees for having the biggest payroll in the MLB, are believed to be brewing a trade that would solve the logjam in the outfield.
Baseball insiders predicted the Dodgers to make a deal at some point before the trade deadline, and it could be either Matt Kemp or Ethier who is going to leave Hollywood soon.
"I believe that at some point, one of the Dodgers outfielders will be weeded out, whether it be Matt Kemp once he's healthy or Ethier. What people don't realize about Ethier is that he's not a bad center fielder, so if you felt Jackie Bradley needed more seasoning, Ethier could also play center," Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’