NCAA March Madness Sweet 16 Preview: UCLA vs. Florida Live Streaming Information and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 28, 2014 6:18 AM EST
Seeded No. 1 overall in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, the Florida Gators have dominated the season and tournament with their top-notch defense. In the Sweet Sixteen of March Madness this year, they will be facing the UCLA Bruins squad which are amongst the top-scoring teams in the nation.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-Florida vs Pittsburgh
Florida limits opponent to just 57.5 points per game. Interestingly, UCLA average 81.8 PPG—the 12th best scoring mark in the country.
The Gators’ defense has been top-class in the Big Dance as well. They've allowed exactly 50.0 PPG on the average with wins over Albany, 67-55 and Pittsburgh, 61-45 in second and third rounds, respectively.
Florida allowed Pittsburgh to just 37.3 per cent shooting (19/51 FG) and 23.5 per cent three-point shooting (4/17 3FG) in the last game. On offense, guard Scottie Wilbekin led the charge with 21 points missing just 6 out of 15 attempts. Center Patric Young had 7 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocked shots.
The Bruins’ offense has faltered little averaging 76.5 PPG in wins over Tulsa, 76-59 and Stephen F. Austin, 77-60 in the previous rounds.
Three players average in double-figure scoring for UCLA. Jordan Adams is the top scorer logging in 17.5 points per game. Offense stretches deep in the Bruins as well as eight players average nearly seven points per game.
Betting Lines: UCLA (+4.5) vs. Florida (138.0)
Game time: 12:45 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
UCLA Bruins Trends
- The Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in neutral sites
Florida Gators Trends
- The Gators are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Gators are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after a win
- The Gators are 19-8 ATS in their last 27 games in the NCAA Tournament
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2