NCAA March Madness Sweet 16 Preview: UCLA vs. Florida Live Streaming Information and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 28, 2014 6:18 AM EST
Seeded No. 1 overall in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, the Florida Gators have dominated the season and tournament with their top-notch defense. In the Sweet Sixteen of March Madness this year, they will be facing the UCLA Bruins squad which are amongst the top-scoring teams in the nation.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-Florida vs Pittsburgh
Florida limits opponent to just 57.5 points per game. Interestingly, UCLA average 81.8 PPG—the 12th best scoring mark in the country.
The Gators’ defense has been top-class in the Big Dance as well. They've allowed exactly 50.0 PPG on the average with wins over Albany, 67-55 and Pittsburgh, 61-45 in second and third rounds, respectively.
Florida allowed Pittsburgh to just 37.3 per cent shooting (19/51 FG) and 23.5 per cent three-point shooting (4/17 3FG) in the last game. On offense, guard Scottie Wilbekin led the charge with 21 points missing just 6 out of 15 attempts. Center Patric Young had 7 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocked shots.
The Bruins’ offense has faltered little averaging 76.5 PPG in wins over Tulsa, 76-59 and Stephen F. Austin, 77-60 in the previous rounds.
Three players average in double-figure scoring for UCLA. Jordan Adams is the top scorer logging in 17.5 points per game. Offense stretches deep in the Bruins as well as eight players average nearly seven points per game.
Betting Lines: UCLA (+4.5) vs. Florida (138.0)
Game time: 12:45 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
UCLA Bruins Trends
- The Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in neutral sites
Florida Gators Trends
- The Gators are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Gators are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after a win
- The Gators are 19-8 ATS in their last 27 games in the NCAA Tournament
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies