GATE 2014 Results Declared: Where to Check Online
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 28, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The results for GATE 2014 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) have been declared.
GATE is an all-India examination conducted by seven Indian Institutes of Technology along with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This year, IIT Kharagpur was the organizing institute for GATE and the online entrance test was conducted from 2 February to 2 March, 2014.
The GATE exam tests the candidates' broad understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is touted to be one of the toughest examinations in the country, wherein it tests the students' capability in engineering concepts along with their managerial concepts.
Where to check Results
Candidates can check their GATE scores on the GOAPS website. CLICK HERE to check the results. Students have to give their enrollment id provided during registration and GOAPS password to login and view the results.
The scores received in the exam are considered for undergraduate engineering students to get admission in post graduate engineering programs such as M.E. and M.Tech in top Indian institutes like IITs and IISC as well as in various engineering colleges.
The scores might also be used to get hired for entry-level positions in many public sector undertakings. Since several PSUs consider GATE scores, it saves candidates from taking up separate exams for each company. This has led to increasing number of students appearing for GATE exam.
Some of the PSUs where job seekers can apply are Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, GAIL (INDIA) Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd among others.
Candidates who qualify in GATE are also eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and projects sponsered by CSIR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- B.C. Teachers Strike: Public Classes for Half a Billion Kids Finally Start
- Canada Results Show Low Math Score In Grade 3 & 6
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- BC Labour Unions Offer $8M Interest-Free Loans to Striking Teachers; Surplus Won’t Be Used to Settle Teachers’ Strike – Finance Minister
- 12-Year Old's Racy Photos And Erotica Literature Discovered In iPad School Provided
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues