GATE 2014 Results Declared: Where to Check Online
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 28, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The results for GATE 2014 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) have been declared.
GATE is an all-India examination conducted by seven Indian Institutes of Technology along with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This year, IIT Kharagpur was the organizing institute for GATE and the online entrance test was conducted from 2 February to 2 March, 2014.
The GATE exam tests the candidates' broad understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is touted to be one of the toughest examinations in the country, wherein it tests the students' capability in engineering concepts along with their managerial concepts.
Where to check Results
Candidates can check their GATE scores on the GOAPS website. CLICK HERE to check the results. Students have to give their enrollment id provided during registration and GOAPS password to login and view the results.
The scores received in the exam are considered for undergraduate engineering students to get admission in post graduate engineering programs such as M.E. and M.Tech in top Indian institutes like IITs and IISC as well as in various engineering colleges.
The scores might also be used to get hired for entry-level positions in many public sector undertakings. Since several PSUs consider GATE scores, it saves candidates from taking up separate exams for each company. This has led to increasing number of students appearing for GATE exam.
Some of the PSUs where job seekers can apply are Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, GAIL (INDIA) Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd among others.
Candidates who qualify in GATE are also eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and projects sponsered by CSIR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- It Doesn’t Pay To Be A Whistleblower In Australia, Especially If Subject Of Expose Is PM’s Daughter
- 5 Disney Movies That Are Actually Scary In The Original Books
- 5 Uncanny Sports That Had Actually Been Part Of The Olympics
- 5 Smartphone Apps For The Workaholic
- Ban On 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' Among Kinders For Political Correctness
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS