GATE 2014 Results Declared: Where to Check Online
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 28, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The results for GATE 2014 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) have been declared.
GATE is an all-India examination conducted by seven Indian Institutes of Technology along with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This year, IIT Kharagpur was the organizing institute for GATE and the online entrance test was conducted from 2 February to 2 March, 2014.
The GATE exam tests the candidates' broad understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is touted to be one of the toughest examinations in the country, wherein it tests the students' capability in engineering concepts along with their managerial concepts.
Where to check Results
Candidates can check their GATE scores on the GOAPS website. CLICK HERE to check the results. Students have to give their enrollment id provided during registration and GOAPS password to login and view the results.
The scores received in the exam are considered for undergraduate engineering students to get admission in post graduate engineering programs such as M.E. and M.Tech in top Indian institutes like IITs and IISC as well as in various engineering colleges.
The scores might also be used to get hired for entry-level positions in many public sector undertakings. Since several PSUs consider GATE scores, it saves candidates from taking up separate exams for each company. This has led to increasing number of students appearing for GATE exam.
Some of the PSUs where job seekers can apply are Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, GAIL (INDIA) Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd among others.
Candidates who qualify in GATE are also eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and projects sponsered by CSIR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate