GATE 2014 Results Declared: Where to Check Online
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 28, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The results for GATE 2014 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) have been declared.
GATE is an all-India examination conducted by seven Indian Institutes of Technology along with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This year, IIT Kharagpur was the organizing institute for GATE and the online entrance test was conducted from 2 February to 2 March, 2014.
The GATE exam tests the candidates' broad understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is touted to be one of the toughest examinations in the country, wherein it tests the students' capability in engineering concepts along with their managerial concepts.
Where to check Results
Candidates can check their GATE scores on the GOAPS website. CLICK HERE to check the results. Students have to give their enrollment id provided during registration and GOAPS password to login and view the results.
The scores received in the exam are considered for undergraduate engineering students to get admission in post graduate engineering programs such as M.E. and M.Tech in top Indian institutes like IITs and IISC as well as in various engineering colleges.
The scores might also be used to get hired for entry-level positions in many public sector undertakings. Since several PSUs consider GATE scores, it saves candidates from taking up separate exams for each company. This has led to increasing number of students appearing for GATE exam.
Some of the PSUs where job seekers can apply are Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, GAIL (INDIA) Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd among others.
Candidates who qualify in GATE are also eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and projects sponsered by CSIR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles