'American Idol' 2014: Are Caleb Johnson and Sam Woolf Safe? Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | March 28, 2014 2:18 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just eight contestants on Thursday as one of the top nine will be sent home during the elimination round, based on the votes they get after the live performances on Wednesday.
Official Facebook Page
Top 9 contestants on American Idol 2014
The elimination episode will be telecast at 9:00pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday).
The top nine contestants performed for America's votes in the last episode, themed "I'm With The Band". Almost all contestants put up great performances but Sam Woolf and Caleb Johnson stood out on Wednesday.
Alex Preston: He sang "Don't Speak" by No Doubt and entertained the crowd with his flawless performance. Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez said that they would like to see more of him but the fact was he did a good job.
Majesty Rose: She rendered "Shake It Out" by Florence And The Machine. She left the demons of the bad past performances behind her and nailed it this time, earning the praise of the judges.
Dexter Roberts: He sang country song "Boondocks" by Little Big Town. It was a good performance but Harry Connick Jr. thought that he should have made the song his own.
Malaya Watson: She performed "The Long & Winding Road" by The Beatles and it was flawless. She has been improving consistently over the weeks and Harry mentioned that after her performance.
Sam Woolf: He nailed it with his rendition of "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's. It was a perfect song choice and his fans loved it.
Jessica Meuse: She sang "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac and it also was a perfect choice. She received praises from the judges, with Harry saying that it was her best performance so far.
CJ Harris: He rendered "If It Hadn't Been For Love" by Steel Drivers. It was a good performance but not magical.
Caleb Johnson: He rendered "Dazed & Confused" by Led Zeppelin. It was an energetic performance - he seemed to have enjoyed the song and the audience loved it. All the three judges showered praises for his rendition.
Jena Irene: She sang "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence and nailed it. It was a rendition that should place her on the safe side.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports