'American Idol' 2014: Are Caleb Johnson and Sam Woolf Safe? Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | March 28, 2014 2:18 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just eight contestants on Thursday as one of the top nine will be sent home during the elimination round, based on the votes they get after the live performances on Wednesday.
Official Facebook Page
Top 9 contestants on American Idol 2014
The elimination episode will be telecast at 9:00pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday).
The top nine contestants performed for America's votes in the last episode, themed "I'm With The Band". Almost all contestants put up great performances but Sam Woolf and Caleb Johnson stood out on Wednesday.
Alex Preston: He sang "Don't Speak" by No Doubt and entertained the crowd with his flawless performance. Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez said that they would like to see more of him but the fact was he did a good job.
Majesty Rose: She rendered "Shake It Out" by Florence And The Machine. She left the demons of the bad past performances behind her and nailed it this time, earning the praise of the judges.
Dexter Roberts: He sang country song "Boondocks" by Little Big Town. It was a good performance but Harry Connick Jr. thought that he should have made the song his own.
Malaya Watson: She performed "The Long & Winding Road" by The Beatles and it was flawless. She has been improving consistently over the weeks and Harry mentioned that after her performance.
Sam Woolf: He nailed it with his rendition of "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's. It was a perfect song choice and his fans loved it.
Jessica Meuse: She sang "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac and it also was a perfect choice. She received praises from the judges, with Harry saying that it was her best performance so far.
CJ Harris: He rendered "If It Hadn't Been For Love" by Steel Drivers. It was a good performance but not magical.
Caleb Johnson: He rendered "Dazed & Confused" by Led Zeppelin. It was an energetic performance - he seemed to have enjoyed the song and the audience loved it. All the three judges showered praises for his rendition.
Jena Irene: She sang "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence and nailed it. It was a rendition that should place her on the safe side.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage