Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC Release Gets Delayed on Xbox One and PC; Commander App and Battlelog Receive Update
By Aditya Bhat | March 28, 2014 1:47 AM EST
The new downloadable content (DLC) for Battlefield 4, Naval Strike, that will also feature the Assault mode will be delayed for Xbox One and PC. Though other consoles like PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 received the new DLC as scheduled, the release dates for these two consoles are still unknown.
Naval Strike DLC delayed for Xbox One and PC.
"We want to remind Xbox One and PC owners of Battlefield 4 Premium that they will have two weeks early access for Naval Strike once it's released. Thanks for your continued patience and passion for our games," said DICE in a statement.
It further explained that the delay in the PC release was due to the concern that the DLC, along with the PC updates, might heighten performance issues in mid-range to high-end PCs. And it also revealed that the Xbox One version was delayed since the studio was working on issues in the animations system.
Commander App and Battlelog Receive Update
Battlefield 4's Commander application for cell phone received its update on 26 March. The new update will fix issues related with bugs and stability of the game.
Now players will be able to see squad members more clearly along with their names and kits. Players can also know who is chatting using the apps chat functions. It will also show the positions of all the squad members after giving the issuing orders. Players will also be able to drop their squad assets directly on the squad list.
Here is the complete patch notes for the 2.0.0 update that was released by DICE (Battlelog):
- Fixed an issue where commanders ended up on the same team after round transition.
- Assignment fixes.
- Support for Naval Strike added.
- Performance optimizations.
- Localization fixes.
- Other minor fixes.
- Gunship VO fixed.
- Added Rapid deploy VO.
- Added background audio for Second Assault and China Rising maps.
UI - New features
- HVT marking is only enabled when actually usable, possible HVT targets have blinking brackets around them.
- Added server name to scoreboard.
- Now displaying soldier names when a squad is selected.
- Squad progression bar added to squads.
- Booster score added to EOR screen
- Added indicator to show which soldier is talking on voip.
- Enabled dropping squad assets on the squad list.
UI - Bug fixes
- Rush defender icons were too large, they are now smaller.
- When the scoreboard is displayed the user can no longer issue orders or use assets.
- Commander can now see when vehicles are firing.
- Increased viewable area on several maps.
- Fixed assets getting stuck when dragged and interupted by proxy attack.
- Fixed issues with the game round timer.
- Fixed scoring widget for Rush.
- Fixed an issue where orders couldn't be given to squads.
- Fixed mute toggle functionality.
- Added options to always show chat and hide chat.
- Improved VOIP quality on several devices.
DICE has also rolled out a new Battlelog update that will add 15 ranks to Platoons and will also tweak the gameplay. Further, there is a new background that has been added for the second-screen and stat tracking service.
Here is the patch notes for the Battlelog updates (Battlelog):
- Battlelog now supports the Naval Strike expansion pack for Battlefield 4. The content will be enabled as the release is rolled out on the various platforms.
- The video background has now been enabled by default; you can turn it off for specific computers by going to Settings (don't worry, we automatically pause the video background when you launch the game)
- Carrier Assault will not display scores in Live Scoreboard and BattleScreen; this will be fixed with the next Battlelog update in 2 weeks
Features and Improvements:
- Added a new background and video background to celebrate the release of Naval Strike
- Added a refresh button to all the Multiplayer pages (except for Play Now), including Favorites and History
- 15 new ranks have been added to Platoons, so you can now reach rank 25 with your Platoon
- Console Rent-a-Server owners (once released for the respective platform) can now upload their server banner image on Battlelog
- The Battle Reports dropdown in the header now shows the platform that the round was played on.
- You can now see Gadgets on the Unlocks -> Weapons page
- You can now see if items are unlocked by Premium or Battlepacks on the Stats -> Weapons and Unlocks -> Weapons pages
- You will now see a confirmation prompt when trying to leave a Platoon; for the original founder, the button will now instead say "Disband" and will also see a confirmation prompt when trying to disband the Platoon.
- Various pixels pushed for better looks and alignment on the Server Info page
- Various minor improvements and tweaks
- No longer possible to equip AA mines alongside rocket launchers in Loadout
- Fixed an issue where code would be written to chats under some circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the new player experience flow would show on every login for some console players
- Fixed an issue with Platoon feed sticky posts that weren't set correctly; the page will now also instantly update to reflect the change
- Fixed an issue with the details box on Unlocks -> Vehicles, where it would sometimes overlap the footer
- Fixed some emblem shapes default colors, that were shown as black instead of white
- Various fixes for the unlock requirements shown in Loadout, which wasn't always correctly set
- Fixed an issue on launching, when using the Tablet Commander app with a non-ranked soldier
- Fixed an issue where some emblem shapes weren't always named correctly when opening Battlepacks
- Various pixels pushed on the Missions page to better accomodate for long user names and scores in the nemesis sections
- Fixed an issue where the UCAV was listed twice in the list of vehicles for Soldier Equipment
- Fixed an issue with the expansion pack icon not showing correctly for items in Loadout, if they had the "cannot equip" style
- Various minor fixes
Shortcut Bundles Listed
DICE has also released various shortcut kits and bundles along with the release of new DLC for Battlefield 4, the Naval Strike.
Below are some of the shortcut kits (DLC Central):
- Air Vehicle Shortcut (£7.99/$9.99)
- Assault Kit Shortcut (£5.49/$6.99)
- Carbines Shortcut (£3.99/$4.99)
- DMR Shortcut (£3.99/$4.99)
- Engineer Kit Shortcut (£5.49/$6.99)
- Grenades Shortcut (£3.99/$4.99)
- Ground & Sea Vehicle Shortcut (£11.99/$14.99)
- Recon Kit Shortcut (£5.49/6.99)
- Shotguns Shortcut (£3.99/4.99)
- Soldier Shortcut Bundle (£19.99/24.99)
- Support Shortcut Kit (£5.49/$6.99)
- The Ultimate Shortcut Bundle (£39.99/$49.99)
- Vehicle Shortcut Bundle (£15.99/$19.99)
- Weapon Bundle Kit Shortcut (£11.99/$14.99)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2