Now Aamir Khan Takes Dig at Ranbir Kapoor's 'Bombay Velvet'; Is it an Open War?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 27, 2014 11:47 PM EST
Bollywood will stand divided come this December when two of the most awaited films in recent times - Aamir Khan's "PK" and Ranbir Kapoor's "Bombay Velvet" - release on the same date.
Anurag Kashyap and Aamir Khan
The clash of the two big projects has been the talk of the town, ever since Khan announced "PK" release date as 25 December, earlier this year. Anurag Kashyap had previously revealed that "Bombay Velvet" would release on the same date.
The news was certainly upsetting for Kashyap as he lashed out at Khan and "PK" director Rajkumar Hirani.
Kashyap, who was clearly miffed with same date release of "PK", told Mumbai Mirror: "All it would have taken is a phone call. At that point, they said there were no such plans... It hurts because I respect Raju (Hirani) as a filmmaker and as a person. Apart from being a colleague, he is also a friend."
After Kashyap vented out his ire towards the "PK" team publicly, now the perfectionist Khan has followed it up with a jibe towards the "Bombay Velvet" makers.
The 48-year-old actor is understood to have caught up Madhu Mantena, one of "Bombay Velvet" makers, recently and greeted him with a sardonic remark. "Kya bhai, aaj kal toh tum bade star ban gaye ho. Aur hum to purane actor hokar rahe gaye (You have become such a big star these days and we are reduced to old actors now), the tabloid quoted Khan as saying.
Khan's comment, made at Kangana Ranaut's birthday bash, was witnessed by an onlooker, who claims it made Mantena uncomfortable.
It should be noted that the superstar had previously worked with Mantena in the blockbuster movie "Ghajini" (2008) and has shared a pleasant rapport till now. But given the present scenario, it is obvious that the "Bombay Velvet" and "PK" clan are currently at war, and the tensions are likely to escalate as the release date of the films inches near.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate