L’Wren Scott's Will Leaves $9M Estate To Mick Jagger
By Anne Lu | March 27, 2014 10:36 PM EST
L’Wren Scott wanted her already super rich boyfriend Mick Jagger to inherit her wealth, according to a new report. Her will apparently reveals that her USD9 million estate goes to the Rolling Stones rocker, leaving none for her family.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The Rolling Stones Write Messages To Australian, Kiwi Fans Over Cancelled Shows; Tour Tipped For Reschedule In October
The fashion designer was found hanged by her assistant at her Manhattan, New York apartment on March 17. Official record shows that she had committed suicide. She was 49.
According to reports, she was deeply in debt before her death, with her company, LS Fashion Limited, owing various suppliers around $6 million.
Nevertheless, her personal estate is still worth approximately $9 million, and she wanted to leave all of it to Jagger, who is reportedly worth over $290 million himself.
New York Daily News has obtained a copy of her will, which reads, “I give all my jewellery, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature to Michael Philip Jagger.”
Scott’s main asset was her 2,364-square-foot Chelsea condo, the same apartment where she hanged herself with a scarf. It is apparently worth $8 million.
Her will specifically excludes her siblings, Randall Bambrough and Jan Shane.
The will also reads that Scott had never been married and had no children. However, the word “never” was crossed out in ink. She had been married briefly to a developer named Anthony Brand in the ‘90s.
Scott was cremated on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Half of her ashes was given to Jagger, and the other half is being kept by her family. Jagger, 70, spoke at her service, as well as her Bambrough, 58.
“She was cremated and I have some of her ashes,” Bambrough said. “Some of those ashes, they will be buried near our parents here in Utah. And there will be a ceremony, date to be determined, in Utah for all family members who will have an opportunity to see their friends and others.”
Bambrough, who was appointed as the director of her fashion business in November, said he wasn’t privy to the details of his sister’s will.
“I haven’t heard anything at all about a will, other than there’s supposedly one out there,” he was quoted by the NY Daily News as saying.
Shane, 53, meanwhile, reportedly wanted to have her sister laid to rest in their native Utah. She hadn’t spoken to Scott since their mother’s death six years ago. She wasn’t at her sister’s funeral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies