L’Wren Scott's Will Leaves $9M Estate To Mick Jagger
By Anne Lu | March 27, 2014 10:36 PM EST
L’Wren Scott wanted her already super rich boyfriend Mick Jagger to inherit her wealth, according to a new report. Her will apparently reveals that her USD9 million estate goes to the Rolling Stones rocker, leaving none for her family.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The Rolling Stones Write Messages To Australian, Kiwi Fans Over Cancelled Shows; Tour Tipped For Reschedule In October
The fashion designer was found hanged by her assistant at her Manhattan, New York apartment on March 17. Official record shows that she had committed suicide. She was 49.
According to reports, she was deeply in debt before her death, with her company, LS Fashion Limited, owing various suppliers around $6 million.
Nevertheless, her personal estate is still worth approximately $9 million, and she wanted to leave all of it to Jagger, who is reportedly worth over $290 million himself.
New York Daily News has obtained a copy of her will, which reads, “I give all my jewellery, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature to Michael Philip Jagger.”
Scott’s main asset was her 2,364-square-foot Chelsea condo, the same apartment where she hanged herself with a scarf. It is apparently worth $8 million.
Her will specifically excludes her siblings, Randall Bambrough and Jan Shane.
The will also reads that Scott had never been married and had no children. However, the word “never” was crossed out in ink. She had been married briefly to a developer named Anthony Brand in the ‘90s.
Scott was cremated on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Half of her ashes was given to Jagger, and the other half is being kept by her family. Jagger, 70, spoke at her service, as well as her Bambrough, 58.
“She was cremated and I have some of her ashes,” Bambrough said. “Some of those ashes, they will be buried near our parents here in Utah. And there will be a ceremony, date to be determined, in Utah for all family members who will have an opportunity to see their friends and others.”
Bambrough, who was appointed as the director of her fashion business in November, said he wasn’t privy to the details of his sister’s will.
“I haven’t heard anything at all about a will, other than there’s supposedly one out there,” he was quoted by the NY Daily News as saying.
Shane, 53, meanwhile, reportedly wanted to have her sister laid to rest in their native Utah. She hadn’t spoken to Scott since their mother’s death six years ago. She wasn’t at her sister’s funeral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’