L’Wren Scott's Will Leaves $9M Estate To Mick Jagger
By Anne Lu | March 27, 2014 10:36 PM EST
L’Wren Scott wanted her already super rich boyfriend Mick Jagger to inherit her wealth, according to a new report. Her will apparently reveals that her USD9 million estate goes to the Rolling Stones rocker, leaving none for her family.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
The Rolling Stones Write Messages To Australian, Kiwi Fans Over Cancelled Shows; Tour Tipped For Reschedule In October
The fashion designer was found hanged by her assistant at her Manhattan, New York apartment on March 17. Official record shows that she had committed suicide. She was 49.
According to reports, she was deeply in debt before her death, with her company, LS Fashion Limited, owing various suppliers around $6 million.
Nevertheless, her personal estate is still worth approximately $9 million, and she wanted to leave all of it to Jagger, who is reportedly worth over $290 million himself.
New York Daily News has obtained a copy of her will, which reads, “I give all my jewellery, clothing, household furniture and furnishings, personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature to Michael Philip Jagger.”
Scott’s main asset was her 2,364-square-foot Chelsea condo, the same apartment where she hanged herself with a scarf. It is apparently worth $8 million.
Her will specifically excludes her siblings, Randall Bambrough and Jan Shane.
The will also reads that Scott had never been married and had no children. However, the word “never” was crossed out in ink. She had been married briefly to a developer named Anthony Brand in the ‘90s.
Scott was cremated on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Half of her ashes was given to Jagger, and the other half is being kept by her family. Jagger, 70, spoke at her service, as well as her Bambrough, 58.
“She was cremated and I have some of her ashes,” Bambrough said. “Some of those ashes, they will be buried near our parents here in Utah. And there will be a ceremony, date to be determined, in Utah for all family members who will have an opportunity to see their friends and others.”
Bambrough, who was appointed as the director of her fashion business in November, said he wasn’t privy to the details of his sister’s will.
“I haven’t heard anything at all about a will, other than there’s supposedly one out there,” he was quoted by the NY Daily News as saying.
Shane, 53, meanwhile, reportedly wanted to have her sister laid to rest in their native Utah. She hadn’t spoken to Scott since their mother’s death six years ago. She wasn’t at her sister’s funeral.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown