Mahindra Launches Bolero Special Edition in India
By greeshma m | March 27, 2014 9:18 PM EST
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) introduced a special edition of its Bolero SUV in India to boost the sales of the vehicles in the domestic market.
Mahindra Launches Bolero Special Edition In India
The new Bolero will be available only in limited numbers in the sub-continent market. Powered by 2523 cc, m2DiCR engine which can generate 62bhp at 3200rpm and a peak torque of 195Nm 1400-2200rpm, the new Bolero special edition flaunts sporty decals and Blue Vision headlamps. On the safety front, the Bolero comes with rear Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). Other features of the Bolero SUV include stereo with USB and Bluetooth connectivity and leather upholstery.
Mahindra, the renowned SUV maker is also expected to launch the new version of its Scorpio and the automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015. 2014 Scorpio facelift has been spotted testing in India numerous times.
Under the hood, the Scorpio facelift is expected to pack the same 2.2 liter four cylinder turbocharged mHawk diesel engine, which powers the current model. The engine is likely to offer a power of 120 bhp and peak torque of 290 Nm. Talking on the features, the vehicle is likely to come with new set of headlamps, front grille, a revised front bumper and revamped tail lamps on the exterior.
At the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Mahindra had showcased the Quanto with an automated manual transmission, along with the hybrid XUV500 and Halo electric sportscar.
In February, M&M had registered a 12 percent dip in vehicle sales for the month of February, as against sales in the same period a year ago. M&M sold 42,166 units in February, against the 47,824 units on the corresponding month last year. Its domestic sales witnessed a decline of 11 percent in February 2014 to 39,338 units over February 2013 sales.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate