'Kochadaiiyaan' Release Not in April? Rajinikanth Starrer May Hit Screens in Mid-May
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Buzz is that the release date of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Vikramasimha" in Telugu) has been pushed further once again.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan," which has been in the making for more than a year, was supposed to hit the screens in 2013. After much delays, the film's release date was set for 11 April. Now, it seems that the Rajinikanth starrer will take some more time to be out on theatres.
Speculations are rife that the film has been pushed to May as elections are set to take place on 24 April in Tamil Nadu. Although there is no official confirmation in this regard, it is being said that the film might come out in mid-May and the buzz is that it might release on 16 May.
While the upcoming elections is being considered as the reason behind the delay, sources have told the New Indian Express that lack of enough of screens might push "Kochadaiiyaan" release further to May.
"The movie is being released in six languages and the producers want it to be released simultaneously. So if we do not get a satisfactory number of screens for the all movies, then we might need to find a date that accomodates them," a spokesperson for the film's production company told the daily.
But, an official announcement regarding the exact release date of the film is still awaited.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first photorealistic performance capture film. The epic drama, written by director KS Ravikumar, will have Rajinikanth in dual roles. Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff will appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan" as it stars one of the biggest actors of Indian cinema. First look posters, songs and trailer have also generated a lot of buzz about the Rajinikanth starrer.
The film made with a budget of around ₹125 crore is likely to take a grand opening on the first day of its release.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People