'Kochadaiiyaan' Release Not in April? Rajinikanth Starrer May Hit Screens in Mid-May
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Buzz is that the release date of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Vikramasimha" in Telugu) has been pushed further once again.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan," which has been in the making for more than a year, was supposed to hit the screens in 2013. After much delays, the film's release date was set for 11 April. Now, it seems that the Rajinikanth starrer will take some more time to be out on theatres.
Speculations are rife that the film has been pushed to May as elections are set to take place on 24 April in Tamil Nadu. Although there is no official confirmation in this regard, it is being said that the film might come out in mid-May and the buzz is that it might release on 16 May.
While the upcoming elections is being considered as the reason behind the delay, sources have told the New Indian Express that lack of enough of screens might push "Kochadaiiyaan" release further to May.
"The movie is being released in six languages and the producers want it to be released simultaneously. So if we do not get a satisfactory number of screens for the all movies, then we might need to find a date that accomodates them," a spokesperson for the film's production company told the daily.
But, an official announcement regarding the exact release date of the film is still awaited.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first photorealistic performance capture film. The epic drama, written by director KS Ravikumar, will have Rajinikanth in dual roles. Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff will appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan" as it stars one of the biggest actors of Indian cinema. First look posters, songs and trailer have also generated a lot of buzz about the Rajinikanth starrer.
The film made with a budget of around ₹125 crore is likely to take a grand opening on the first day of its release.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier