'Kochadaiiyaan' Release Not in April? Rajinikanth Starrer May Hit Screens in Mid-May
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Buzz is that the release date of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Vikramasimha" in Telugu) has been pushed further once again.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan," which has been in the making for more than a year, was supposed to hit the screens in 2013. After much delays, the film's release date was set for 11 April. Now, it seems that the Rajinikanth starrer will take some more time to be out on theatres.
Speculations are rife that the film has been pushed to May as elections are set to take place on 24 April in Tamil Nadu. Although there is no official confirmation in this regard, it is being said that the film might come out in mid-May and the buzz is that it might release on 16 May.
While the upcoming elections is being considered as the reason behind the delay, sources have told the New Indian Express that lack of enough of screens might push "Kochadaiiyaan" release further to May.
"The movie is being released in six languages and the producers want it to be released simultaneously. So if we do not get a satisfactory number of screens for the all movies, then we might need to find a date that accomodates them," a spokesperson for the film's production company told the daily.
But, an official announcement regarding the exact release date of the film is still awaited.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first photorealistic performance capture film. The epic drama, written by director KS Ravikumar, will have Rajinikanth in dual roles. Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff will appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan" as it stars one of the biggest actors of Indian cinema. First look posters, songs and trailer have also generated a lot of buzz about the Rajinikanth starrer.
The film made with a budget of around ₹125 crore is likely to take a grand opening on the first day of its release.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James