'Kochadaiiyaan' Release Not in April? Rajinikanth Starrer May Hit Screens in Mid-May
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Buzz is that the release date of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Vikramasimha" in Telugu) has been pushed further once again.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan," which has been in the making for more than a year, was supposed to hit the screens in 2013. After much delays, the film's release date was set for 11 April. Now, it seems that the Rajinikanth starrer will take some more time to be out on theatres.
Speculations are rife that the film has been pushed to May as elections are set to take place on 24 April in Tamil Nadu. Although there is no official confirmation in this regard, it is being said that the film might come out in mid-May and the buzz is that it might release on 16 May.
While the upcoming elections is being considered as the reason behind the delay, sources have told the New Indian Express that lack of enough of screens might push "Kochadaiiyaan" release further to May.
"The movie is being released in six languages and the producers want it to be released simultaneously. So if we do not get a satisfactory number of screens for the all movies, then we might need to find a date that accomodates them," a spokesperson for the film's production company told the daily.
But, an official announcement regarding the exact release date of the film is still awaited.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is touted to be India's first photorealistic performance capture film. The epic drama, written by director KS Ravikumar, will have Rajinikanth in dual roles. Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Aadhi, Nassar, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff will appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan" as it stars one of the biggest actors of Indian cinema. First look posters, songs and trailer have also generated a lot of buzz about the Rajinikanth starrer.
The film made with a budget of around ₹125 crore is likely to take a grand opening on the first day of its release.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga