Taco Bell Breakfast: Chain’s Biggest Campaign Features 25 Real People with its Mascot’s Name, ‘Ronald McDonald’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 27, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Ronald McDonald - in fact, all Ronald McDonalds love Taco Bell's Breakfast. This is what the chain's new campaign is essentially trying to say.
Taco Bell's Breakfast: The Mexican food chain's biggest campaign makes use of 25 people with its Mascot's name, Ronald McDonald in its ads. (Photo: Wiki Commons)
The Mexican food chain has just introduced its biggest menu rollout yet, and decided to do it with a bang. The company caught hold of 25 men coast-to-coast, whose real name just happens to be Ronald McDonald.
The company, which has made the existence of a fantasy world called McDonaldland almost believable, wouldn't surprise many when it goes to the extent of collecting 25 odd men with the mascot's namesake, from every nook and cranny of the country, who bizarrely proclaim their love for the new menu of Taco Bell Breakfast set to roll out on Thursday.
The cheeky ad begins with a narrator saying: "To show you just how much people are loving Taco Bell's all new breakfast, we asked some very special people."
A handful of folks introduce themselves one-by-one, as Ronald McDonald, each one praising the new Taco Bell breakfast. The ad showcases the group of 25 guys seated together all saying in a synchronized voice: "My name is Ronald McDonald, and I love Taco Bell's new breakfast."
The ad ends with the narrator offering this: "Breakfast anybody can love - even Ronald McDonald."
"It's not surprising these guys are loving Taco Bell's new Waffle Taco," says a cheeky voice-over in another ad. "What is surprising is who they are." The host of Ronald McDonalds then, introduce themselves in the wacky never-before-seen creativity.
The Taco Bell Breakfast commercials were created by Interpublic's Deutsch Los Angeles and will begin airing March 27, Ad Age reports. The ads include a disclaimer, which makes it clear that the Ronald McDonalds in the spots are not really affiliated with McDonald's in any way. They were individually selected as paid endorses of Taco Bell breakfast, it says.
The entire Taco Bell breakfast menu has 14 items that will cost from $1 to $2.49. Most Taco Bells will open for breakfast at 7 am or earlier the company has said.
At one point, Taco Bell had identified as many as 400 people named Ronald McDonald, but ultimately made only those 25 people endorse the new menu, USA Today reported.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet