Will Kareena Kapoor Khan Replace Deepika Padukone in 'Bajirao Mastani'?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 27, 2014 8:44 PM EST
A clash of epic proportions could be witnessed soon if Kareena Kapoor Khan bags "Bajirao Mastani", which until recently had Deepika Padukone in the lead.
It is now understood that Sanjay Leela Bhansali's dream project "Bajirao Mastani" will not have Padukone playing the female lead anymore, as opposed to earlier reports that she was confirmed for the role.
According to reports, the actress had signed Karan Johar's big budget flick "Shuddhi", and it has eventually led to date clashes with the Bhansali film.
"The dates Bhansali wanted from Deepika have been allotted to Karan Johar's 'Shuddhi'. This is why the actress is not in a position to play Mastani in the former's film," Mid Day quoted a source as saying.
With Padukone's exit from the project, reports now claim that Khan has been approached. Ironically, the "Jab We Met" actress was Bhansali's first choice for the film.
Incidentally, Khan had informed Bhansali about her wish to play Mastani, though she was offered the role of Kashibai since Padukone was in consideration for Mastani at that point. Khan, however, refused to play the supporting role.
And as things stand, the "Heroine" actress seems to have the edge in the situation and could very well bag the ambitious project. However, reports of Khan being approached have neither been confirmed by the filmmaker or his team so far.
"Bajirao Mastani" is a period love story that centres around Martha general Bajirao and his muse Mastani, and the struggles they face, owing to their cross-religion union.
Meanwhile, a probable change in the male lead is also expected now. Previous reports had mentioned Ranveer Singh as the frontrunner for the role of Bajirao but with the change in the female lead, Ajay Devgn's name is now doing rounds for the lead actor.
Also, Priyanka Chopra's name has popped up for the supporting role of Kashibai, Bajirao's first wife.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales