Selena Gomez Teams Up with Seth Rogen & Orlando Bloom in We Day California
By Riza Ornos | March 27, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Known as the annual "youth empowerment," We Day teams up with teen sensation Selena Gomez as well as Seth Rogen and Orlando Bloom to motivate youth in California. After being in news thanks to controversies surrounding her relationship, with her on-and-off again boyfriend Justin Bieber, the 21-year-old singer is showing her do-gooder self again to inspire young people.
Singer Selena Gomez arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The teen pop star managed to get a snap with the "Lord of the Rings" actor, funny man, Set Rogen, and with other friends and posted it on Instagram. She wrote on the caption: "#Weday -unbelievable time. So inspired and hopefully encouraged many!!"
Gomez also spoke on the stage at the first annual We Day California event on Wednesday afternoon, March 26, which was held at the Oracle Arena. "I am not an activist. I haven't changed the world or led a campaign. I'm here to just tell you my path so that you can hopefully take something away from it because I don't like being honest with press and interviews. I like being honest with you directly," Gomez said in her opening speech.
Wearing a bright Emporio Armani red suit, the "Spring Breakers" star encourage thousands of youth who attended the festival to take a step and start making a change for the future. She also spoke about the pressures that the youth are facing nowadays, and encouraged them to be comfortable in their own skin.
Actor, writer and director Seth Rogen also encouraged the youth, attending the event, to use their talents and to follow their passions. He also pointed out that the youth should work on creating a positive change on issues that they care about and it is now the time to effect change.
"I spoke at #WeDay today and for four minutes I was a good role model to the kids," Rogen wrote on his Twitter account.
We Day is taking the U.S. Canada and UK by storm as one of the world's largest registered charities on Facebook, with 3.8 million followers. By 2014, it is expected that nearly 180,000 young people will come together to take part in this extraordinary educational initiative.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery