Selena Gomez Teams Up with Seth Rogen & Orlando Bloom in We Day California
By Riza Ornos | March 27, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Known as the annual "youth empowerment," We Day teams up with teen sensation Selena Gomez as well as Seth Rogen and Orlando Bloom to motivate youth in California. After being in news thanks to controversies surrounding her relationship, with her on-and-off again boyfriend Justin Bieber, the 21-year-old singer is showing her do-gooder self again to inspire young people.
Singer Selena Gomez arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The teen pop star managed to get a snap with the "Lord of the Rings" actor, funny man, Set Rogen, and with other friends and posted it on Instagram. She wrote on the caption: "#Weday -unbelievable time. So inspired and hopefully encouraged many!!"
Gomez also spoke on the stage at the first annual We Day California event on Wednesday afternoon, March 26, which was held at the Oracle Arena. "I am not an activist. I haven't changed the world or led a campaign. I'm here to just tell you my path so that you can hopefully take something away from it because I don't like being honest with press and interviews. I like being honest with you directly," Gomez said in her opening speech.
Wearing a bright Emporio Armani red suit, the "Spring Breakers" star encourage thousands of youth who attended the festival to take a step and start making a change for the future. She also spoke about the pressures that the youth are facing nowadays, and encouraged them to be comfortable in their own skin.
Actor, writer and director Seth Rogen also encouraged the youth, attending the event, to use their talents and to follow their passions. He also pointed out that the youth should work on creating a positive change on issues that they care about and it is now the time to effect change.
"I spoke at #WeDay today and for four minutes I was a good role model to the kids," Rogen wrote on his Twitter account.
We Day is taking the U.S. Canada and UK by storm as one of the world's largest registered charities on Facebook, with 3.8 million followers. By 2014, it is expected that nearly 180,000 young people will come together to take part in this extraordinary educational initiative.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine