Selena Gomez Teams Up with Seth Rogen & Orlando Bloom in We Day California
By Riza Ornos | March 27, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Known as the annual "youth empowerment," We Day teams up with teen sensation Selena Gomez as well as Seth Rogen and Orlando Bloom to motivate youth in California. After being in news thanks to controversies surrounding her relationship, with her on-and-off again boyfriend Justin Bieber, the 21-year-old singer is showing her do-gooder self again to inspire young people.
Singer Selena Gomez arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The teen pop star managed to get a snap with the "Lord of the Rings" actor, funny man, Set Rogen, and with other friends and posted it on Instagram. She wrote on the caption: "#Weday -unbelievable time. So inspired and hopefully encouraged many!!"
Gomez also spoke on the stage at the first annual We Day California event on Wednesday afternoon, March 26, which was held at the Oracle Arena. "I am not an activist. I haven't changed the world or led a campaign. I'm here to just tell you my path so that you can hopefully take something away from it because I don't like being honest with press and interviews. I like being honest with you directly," Gomez said in her opening speech.
Wearing a bright Emporio Armani red suit, the "Spring Breakers" star encourage thousands of youth who attended the festival to take a step and start making a change for the future. She also spoke about the pressures that the youth are facing nowadays, and encouraged them to be comfortable in their own skin.
Actor, writer and director Seth Rogen also encouraged the youth, attending the event, to use their talents and to follow their passions. He also pointed out that the youth should work on creating a positive change on issues that they care about and it is now the time to effect change.
"I spoke at #WeDay today and for four minutes I was a good role model to the kids," Rogen wrote on his Twitter account.
We Day is taking the U.S. Canada and UK by storm as one of the world's largest registered charities on Facebook, with 3.8 million followers. By 2014, it is expected that nearly 180,000 young people will come together to take part in this extraordinary educational initiative.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation