Kim Kardashian Shows off her Undergarments on a Dinner Date With Vogue Editor Anna Wintour: Celebrating Vogue Cover Success?
By nidhi tewari | March 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The April edition of Vogue has kicked-up a mini-storm by featuring Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the cover. Critics have flooded the social networking sites with mocking comments. They have not even spared Vogue's editor-in-chief, Anna Wintour, for putting Kimye on Vogue cover, saying that she has brought the standards down by featuring a sex-tape star, Kim Kardashian, on one of the most prestigious magazine's cover-page. However, Anna is in no mood to entertain such critics, as she believes that she has put one of the most influential couple's of today's time on the cover-page. On Tuesday night, Anna joined Kim and Kanye for dinner in New York City, which is seen as her move to underline that her decision was right.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
Kim Kardashian Marrying a Vampire in Kanye West? Kanye's Missing Reflection In Mirror Sparks Hilarious Twitter Memes
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Wedding Guest List Leaked:Oprah, Ryan Seacrest in, Beyonce and Jay Z Out? [VIDEO]
According to media reports, all eyes were on Kim Kardashian, Kanye West and Anna Wintour when they were spotted having dinner at the famous Waverly Inn restaurant in New York. Anna was dressed in a colourful red, black and white overcoat dress designed by Alexander McQueen, and was wearing black leather boots. She was looking glamarous at the dinner date.
Kim was wearing a see-through, Rachel Roy's dress, which showed her black granny undies and bra, and golden-beige Tom Ford heels. Kim wore the same outfit, earlier in the day, when she made an appearance on "The Late Show with Seth Meyers." Do you think Kim should have chosen a better dress for the occasion? Check out her pictures from the dinner date here.
Rapper Kanye West was dressed in black T-shirt, grey pants and a long coat and looked very casual. The trio met to celebrate the success of Vogue cover. There was much speculation in the media that Kanye West bribed Anna to let them appear on Vogue cover, as he really thought his glamorous and sexy partner Kim deserved it. However, Anna has denied that she put the couple on the cover because Kayne bribed her. She wrote an open letter to address the concerns.
"Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it. I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?)," Anna wrote in her editor's letter in the magazine, according to E! Online.
"As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue's cover. He did nothing of the sort. The gossip might make better reading, but the simple fact of the matter is that it isn't true," her letter added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown