Mumbai-Pune Expressway Accident: 2 Dead as Tourist Bus-Tempo Catch Fire in Collision
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Two people were charred to death when a tempo dashed into a stationary tourist bus on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in the wee hours of Thursday, reported Times of India.
Picture used for representational purpose only
The accident took place near the Talegaon Toll Plaza on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway at around 3 am. The tourist bus, carrying 35 passengers, was travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore. The bus had some technical problems, which forced the driver to park the vehicle on the sideways near the Talegaon toll plaza.
A speeding tempo had apparently dashed into the bus and both the vehicles caught fire in the collision. Two people - the tempo's driver and cleaner - were charred to death in the incident. However, passengers from tourist bus were safe as they had alighted from the vehicle to get some fresh air.
Fire brigade officials rushed to the spot to control the blaze, which took two hours for them to bring the fire under control.
The police recovered the charred remains of the two victims who died in the accident. Their identities are yet to be ascertained as the tempo had been burnt badly making it tough for th cops to identify the number plate of the vehicle.
"All the bus passengers had safely managed to evacuate the vehicle after the accident. The registration number plate of the tempo have also been burnt badly; so investigation is on to find out the identities of the two deceased persons in the tempo," a police official told TOI.
Talegaon police are probing into the matter. The accident brought the traffic on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway to a standstill for two hours.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports