Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Sushmita Sen to Share Screen Space in Prahlad Kakkar’s Debut Film?
By Ankita Mehta | March 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Former beauty queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen might share the silver screen for the first time.
Will Former Beauty Queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen to Work Together?
After Aishwarya Rai, Prahlad Kakkar has reportedly approached ex-Miss Universe, Sen for his debut directorial film "Happy Anniversary".
Apparently, Kakkar approached Sen only after Bachchan's consent, Mumbai Mirror reports.
"Happy Anniversary" is a film based on married couple's life. Kakkar wanted to cast Aishwarya and her husband for the lead role in his film, as he thinks they are the ideal couple.
But the Jr Bachchan slammed the report last year and said nothing has been finalised yet.
However, Kakkar is confident that the "Devdas" actress will give a positive response.
Now a report carried by Mirror states that the "Kuch Naa Kaho" actors are reading the script and are expected to sign the dotted line soon.
If all goes well, Sen will be seen playing a substantial supporting role in "Happy Anniversary". The adman-turned-filmmaker recently spoke to Sen about her role in the film, which she loved it, a source told Mirror.
"If all goes well, we should have Sushmita in Happy Anniversary. It will be a pleasure to work with her," Kakkar confirmed it to Mirror.
Aishwarya Rai and Sen have never worked in a film together. Both the beauty queens were said to be arch rivals at one point of time.
The rivalry between the two started during their Miss India pageant in the 90s. During the final round it was tie between Aishwarya and Sen to win the Miss India 1994 title. But Sen won the title and Aishwarya became the first runners up after the tie breaker round.
Later they went on to win top titles in their respective beauty pageants of Miss Universe and Miss World.
But the beauty queens seem to have ended their rivalry and reached an amicable relationship.
When Aishwarya was criticized for her weight gain post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya, she received support from Sen.
Sen, who is a mother of two adopted daughters, advised Aishwarya to ignore the criticism. She also appreciated the Bachchan bahu for giving importance to her family and daughter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga