Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Sushmita Sen to Share Screen Space in Prahlad Kakkar’s Debut Film?
By Ankita Mehta | March 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Former beauty queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen might share the silver screen for the first time.
Will Former Beauty Queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen to Work Together?
After Aishwarya Rai, Prahlad Kakkar has reportedly approached ex-Miss Universe, Sen for his debut directorial film "Happy Anniversary".
Apparently, Kakkar approached Sen only after Bachchan's consent, Mumbai Mirror reports.
"Happy Anniversary" is a film based on married couple's life. Kakkar wanted to cast Aishwarya and her husband for the lead role in his film, as he thinks they are the ideal couple.
But the Jr Bachchan slammed the report last year and said nothing has been finalised yet.
However, Kakkar is confident that the "Devdas" actress will give a positive response.
Now a report carried by Mirror states that the "Kuch Naa Kaho" actors are reading the script and are expected to sign the dotted line soon.
If all goes well, Sen will be seen playing a substantial supporting role in "Happy Anniversary". The adman-turned-filmmaker recently spoke to Sen about her role in the film, which she loved it, a source told Mirror.
"If all goes well, we should have Sushmita in Happy Anniversary. It will be a pleasure to work with her," Kakkar confirmed it to Mirror.
Aishwarya Rai and Sen have never worked in a film together. Both the beauty queens were said to be arch rivals at one point of time.
The rivalry between the two started during their Miss India pageant in the 90s. During the final round it was tie between Aishwarya and Sen to win the Miss India 1994 title. But Sen won the title and Aishwarya became the first runners up after the tie breaker round.
Later they went on to win top titles in their respective beauty pageants of Miss Universe and Miss World.
But the beauty queens seem to have ended their rivalry and reached an amicable relationship.
When Aishwarya was criticized for her weight gain post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya, she received support from Sen.
Sen, who is a mother of two adopted daughters, advised Aishwarya to ignore the criticism. She also appreciated the Bachchan bahu for giving importance to her family and daughter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares