Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Sushmita Sen to Share Screen Space in Prahlad Kakkar’s Debut Film?
By Ankita Mehta | March 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Former beauty queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen might share the silver screen for the first time.
Will Former Beauty Queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen to Work Together?
After Aishwarya Rai, Prahlad Kakkar has reportedly approached ex-Miss Universe, Sen for his debut directorial film "Happy Anniversary".
Apparently, Kakkar approached Sen only after Bachchan's consent, Mumbai Mirror reports.
"Happy Anniversary" is a film based on married couple's life. Kakkar wanted to cast Aishwarya and her husband for the lead role in his film, as he thinks they are the ideal couple.
But the Jr Bachchan slammed the report last year and said nothing has been finalised yet.
However, Kakkar is confident that the "Devdas" actress will give a positive response.
Now a report carried by Mirror states that the "Kuch Naa Kaho" actors are reading the script and are expected to sign the dotted line soon.
If all goes well, Sen will be seen playing a substantial supporting role in "Happy Anniversary". The adman-turned-filmmaker recently spoke to Sen about her role in the film, which she loved it, a source told Mirror.
"If all goes well, we should have Sushmita in Happy Anniversary. It will be a pleasure to work with her," Kakkar confirmed it to Mirror.
Aishwarya Rai and Sen have never worked in a film together. Both the beauty queens were said to be arch rivals at one point of time.
The rivalry between the two started during their Miss India pageant in the 90s. During the final round it was tie between Aishwarya and Sen to win the Miss India 1994 title. But Sen won the title and Aishwarya became the first runners up after the tie breaker round.
Later they went on to win top titles in their respective beauty pageants of Miss Universe and Miss World.
But the beauty queens seem to have ended their rivalry and reached an amicable relationship.
When Aishwarya was criticized for her weight gain post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya, she received support from Sen.
Sen, who is a mother of two adopted daughters, advised Aishwarya to ignore the criticism. She also appreciated the Bachchan bahu for giving importance to her family and daughter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates