Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Sushmita Sen to Share Screen Space in Prahlad Kakkar’s Debut Film?
By Ankita Mehta | March 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Former beauty queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen might share the silver screen for the first time.
Will Former Beauty Queens Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen to Work Together?
After Aishwarya Rai, Prahlad Kakkar has reportedly approached ex-Miss Universe, Sen for his debut directorial film "Happy Anniversary".
Apparently, Kakkar approached Sen only after Bachchan's consent, Mumbai Mirror reports.
"Happy Anniversary" is a film based on married couple's life. Kakkar wanted to cast Aishwarya and her husband for the lead role in his film, as he thinks they are the ideal couple.
But the Jr Bachchan slammed the report last year and said nothing has been finalised yet.
However, Kakkar is confident that the "Devdas" actress will give a positive response.
Now a report carried by Mirror states that the "Kuch Naa Kaho" actors are reading the script and are expected to sign the dotted line soon.
If all goes well, Sen will be seen playing a substantial supporting role in "Happy Anniversary". The adman-turned-filmmaker recently spoke to Sen about her role in the film, which she loved it, a source told Mirror.
"If all goes well, we should have Sushmita in Happy Anniversary. It will be a pleasure to work with her," Kakkar confirmed it to Mirror.
Aishwarya Rai and Sen have never worked in a film together. Both the beauty queens were said to be arch rivals at one point of time.
The rivalry between the two started during their Miss India pageant in the 90s. During the final round it was tie between Aishwarya and Sen to win the Miss India 1994 title. But Sen won the title and Aishwarya became the first runners up after the tie breaker round.
Later they went on to win top titles in their respective beauty pageants of Miss Universe and Miss World.
But the beauty queens seem to have ended their rivalry and reached an amicable relationship.
When Aishwarya was criticized for her weight gain post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya, she received support from Sen.
Sen, who is a mother of two adopted daughters, advised Aishwarya to ignore the criticism. She also appreciated the Bachchan bahu for giving importance to her family and daughter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1