NBA News: Brooklyn Nets Interested To Re-Sign Paul Pierce
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 27, 2014 6:41 PM EST
The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly interested to re-sign veteran small forward Paul Pierce, when he becomes a free-agent this coming summer, general manager Billy King confirmed it in an interview on the "Joe and Evan" show on CBS Radio New York on Wednesday.
The Nets GM manager was vocal in his intention to lock in Pierce for the remainder of his basketball career. Brooklyn also expressed their interest in re-signing Shaun Livingston, but the Nets would have an easier time re-signing Pierce because of his bird-rights.
"King said on the "Joe and Evan" show on CBS Radio New York today that the team wants to keep Pierce, but he pointed to Pierce's Bird rights as an advantage that will make it easier to re-sign him than to bring back Livingston, with whom the Nets have only non-Bird rights," Tim Bontemps of the New York Post via Hoops Rumors.
Several NBA insiders believed the Nets have to provide an enticing offer for Peirce to re-sign with the ballclub. The Boston Celtics are expected to make a bid in re-acquiring the veteran swingman, after they traded him to the Nets along with Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry last offseason.
"Pierce recently expressed a willingness to return to the Celtics, with whom he spent his entire career until the trade that brought him to Brooklyn last summer, and Boston's second all-time leading scorer has admitted that he never wanted to leave," Hoops Rumors stated.
However, it remains uncertain if the Celtics are capable of signing Pierce this offseason because Rajon Rondo is set to become a free-agent a year after. In short, the former Celtics captain has to take a paycut for him to be back in Beantown.
"The 36-year-old Pierce remains a productive player this season, averaging 13.6 points on 9.7 shots per game with a 16.4 PER. Pierce might have to take a discount to play with Boston, while the Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has shown a willingness to spend whatever necessary to build his team," via Hoops Rumors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced