NBA News: Pelicans’ Ryan Anderson Likely Out For Remainder of Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 27, 2014 6:40 PM EST
New Orleans Pelicans sharpshooter Ryan Anderson will likely sit out the remainder of the season, as doctors advised him to wait for two months before they provide a concrete diagnosis of his injury.
Anderson, who suffered a herniated disk in his neck last January, is a big loss for the up-and-coming Pelicans this season. The Pelicans entered the season as a potential playoff contender, but injuries to their point guard Jrue Holiday and Anderson prevented the team from taking off.
"It's doubtful that Ryan Anderson will return this season after he suffered a herniated disk in his neck on January 3rd," John Reid of the Times Picayune.
"Anderson spoke to reporters last night and said doctors have advised him to rest for about two months before they determine whether he'll need surgery to repair the disk, according to Brett Martell of the Associated Press.
Anderson, a former Most Improved Player of the Year, lamented over the news but he nevertheless is optimistic about joining his team again for next season's campaign.
"Obviously, I want to get back as soon as possible, but this is something that if I got hit again, it could be more than just career ending. I want to be careful about it," Anderson said via Hoops Rumors. "We're going to find out pretty soon how it's healing and depending on if it's healing (on its own), then we'll just keep going with that. But if not, we'll do the surgery."
Anderson has been a subject of trade speculations since the offseason. The Rockets emerged as the favorite to land the sharpshooter in exchange for disgruntled Omer Asik, but the injury to Anderson seems to have prevented a deal before the deadline.
"It's a tough blow for the Pelicans and Anderson, who was having his best season, putting up a career-best 19.8 points per game and leading the NBA in free-throw percentage," Hoops Rumors stated.
"Anderson's name had come up in a few trade rumors over the past several months, though New Orleans was in no hurry to move him, as I noted when I examined his trade candidacy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open Round of 16: Grigor Dimitrov vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged