'Walking Dead' Season 4 Spoilers: Cannibals to Appear in Season Finale?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 27, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Surprises are in store for “The Walking Dead” fans when season 4 finale airs this Sunday, as rumors suggest that the remaining survivors are going to come face-to-face with a new kind of threat.
The Walking Dead
The last episode of “The Walking Dead” ended with Glenn, Maggie and the rest of the group arriving at Terminus, which is considered to be a safe haven. And if the television series follows the same storyline as the comics, then several characters will meet their end at the hands of cannibals.
While it is not yet sure if the series will follow the comic book, executive producer of the series Robert Kirkman told Entertainment Weekly that things are going to get gruesome in the finale.
“We’re definitely going to being bringing things to another level,” Kirkman said. “And the anticipation for the next season after this finale is unfortunately going to be a lot more heightened than it has been between any other season. So it’s going to be a rough summer for Walking Dead fans waiting for us to come back in the fall.”
In the previous episode, the group is welcomed by a woman named Mary as they walk into the sanctuary.
“Hi, I’m Mary,” the woman says. “Looks like you’ve been on the road a while. Let’s get you settled and a plate to eat.”
But Terminus might not be such a safe sanctuary as the group initially thinks, as this is believed to be where The Hunters reside. And theories floating around suggest that some will leave the sanctuary with body parts missing.
The Hunters are a group of cannibals who survived the initial days of calamity. The group consists of five men and one woman, and their sanctuary is believed to be located somewhere between Atlanta and Washington D.C.
Although they initially survived on normal food supplies, The Hunters, led by Chris, started eating their children when their lack of hunting skills made it difficult to procure game. Soon, they started preying on other groups and loners, as human beings were much easier to hunt.
Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, will have a tough task guiding his people back to safety, Kirkman hinted.
“This last half of season 4 has been a character defining group of stories for everyone,” Kirkman told EW, “but really, Rick Grimes — really finding what this guy is going to be able to do and how he is going to carry on, and is he going to get these people back together, and where is he going to go from here? And I think there are some big questions that are asked that are going to be answered in this final episode.”
The season finale of “The Walking Dead” titled "A," airs Sunday, March 30 at 9 p.m. EDT on AMC.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3