'Walking Dead' Season 4 Spoilers: Cannibals to Appear in Season Finale?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 27, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Surprises are in store for “The Walking Dead” fans when season 4 finale airs this Sunday, as rumors suggest that the remaining survivors are going to come face-to-face with a new kind of threat.
The Walking Dead
The last episode of “The Walking Dead” ended with Glenn, Maggie and the rest of the group arriving at Terminus, which is considered to be a safe haven. And if the television series follows the same storyline as the comics, then several characters will meet their end at the hands of cannibals.
While it is not yet sure if the series will follow the comic book, executive producer of the series Robert Kirkman told Entertainment Weekly that things are going to get gruesome in the finale.
“We’re definitely going to being bringing things to another level,” Kirkman said. “And the anticipation for the next season after this finale is unfortunately going to be a lot more heightened than it has been between any other season. So it’s going to be a rough summer for Walking Dead fans waiting for us to come back in the fall.”
In the previous episode, the group is welcomed by a woman named Mary as they walk into the sanctuary.
“Hi, I’m Mary,” the woman says. “Looks like you’ve been on the road a while. Let’s get you settled and a plate to eat.”
But Terminus might not be such a safe sanctuary as the group initially thinks, as this is believed to be where The Hunters reside. And theories floating around suggest that some will leave the sanctuary with body parts missing.
The Hunters are a group of cannibals who survived the initial days of calamity. The group consists of five men and one woman, and their sanctuary is believed to be located somewhere between Atlanta and Washington D.C.
Although they initially survived on normal food supplies, The Hunters, led by Chris, started eating their children when their lack of hunting skills made it difficult to procure game. Soon, they started preying on other groups and loners, as human beings were much easier to hunt.
Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, will have a tough task guiding his people back to safety, Kirkman hinted.
“This last half of season 4 has been a character defining group of stories for everyone,” Kirkman told EW, “but really, Rick Grimes — really finding what this guy is going to be able to do and how he is going to carry on, and is he going to get these people back together, and where is he going to go from here? And I think there are some big questions that are asked that are going to be answered in this final episode.”
The season finale of “The Walking Dead” titled "A," airs Sunday, March 30 at 9 p.m. EDT on AMC.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen