'Legend' Box Office: Balakrishna Starrer Set for Big Release; Will it Recreate 'Simha' Magic?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
Nandamuri Balakrishna's film "Legend" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 March.
"Legend" is one of the most-anticipated films of 2014 as Balakrishna has teamed up with director Boyapati Srinu for the second time post the success of "Simha" in 2010.
The film was censored on Wednesday (26 March) and was given "A" rating by the censor board. One of the film's producers, Anil Sunkara, confirmed the news on its twitter handle. "LEGEND censor done with A. ALL SET FOR A GRANDEST RELEASE on MARCH 28th," Sunkara tweeted.
The film's audio and trailer have already generated a lot of positive pre-release buzz. The makers of the film have reportedly made a profit of around ₹6.5 crore even before the film's release, sources told 123telugu.
"Legend" is deemed as a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's punch dialogues, emotional scenes and Brahmanandam's comedy are said to be the highlights of the film.
The film has Radhika Apte and Sonal Chauhan as the female leads, whereas actor Jagapathi Babu will be appearing as the villain for the first time in the action entertainer flick.
"Legend" is touted to be the most expensive film in Balakrishna's career. The film, produced by 14 Reels Entertainment and presented by Vaarahi Chalana Chitram, will be the first biggest summer release of this year. The action entertainer is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release as there are no other big films hitting the screens.
However, its performance in the following days will depend on its content. If the film receives positive reviews from critics as well as the audience, it is likely to do good business at the box office.
Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's 2010-release "Simha" was a big success at the box office. Trade experts and fans would be eagerly waiting to see if "Legend" will be able to perform well and recreate the success of "Simha."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date