'Legend' Box Office: Balakrishna Starrer Set for Big Release; Will it Recreate 'Simha' Magic?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
Nandamuri Balakrishna's film "Legend" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 March.
"Legend" is one of the most-anticipated films of 2014 as Balakrishna has teamed up with director Boyapati Srinu for the second time post the success of "Simha" in 2010.
The film was censored on Wednesday (26 March) and was given "A" rating by the censor board. One of the film's producers, Anil Sunkara, confirmed the news on its twitter handle. "LEGEND censor done with A. ALL SET FOR A GRANDEST RELEASE on MARCH 28th," Sunkara tweeted.
The film's audio and trailer have already generated a lot of positive pre-release buzz. The makers of the film have reportedly made a profit of around ₹6.5 crore even before the film's release, sources told 123telugu.
"Legend" is deemed as a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's punch dialogues, emotional scenes and Brahmanandam's comedy are said to be the highlights of the film.
The film has Radhika Apte and Sonal Chauhan as the female leads, whereas actor Jagapathi Babu will be appearing as the villain for the first time in the action entertainer flick.
"Legend" is touted to be the most expensive film in Balakrishna's career. The film, produced by 14 Reels Entertainment and presented by Vaarahi Chalana Chitram, will be the first biggest summer release of this year. The action entertainer is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release as there are no other big films hitting the screens.
However, its performance in the following days will depend on its content. If the film receives positive reviews from critics as well as the audience, it is likely to do good business at the box office.
Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's 2010-release "Simha" was a big success at the box office. Trade experts and fans would be eagerly waiting to see if "Legend" will be able to perform well and recreate the success of "Simha."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects