'Legend' Box Office: Balakrishna Starrer Set for Big Release; Will it Recreate 'Simha' Magic?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
Nandamuri Balakrishna's film "Legend" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 March.
"Legend" is one of the most-anticipated films of 2014 as Balakrishna has teamed up with director Boyapati Srinu for the second time post the success of "Simha" in 2010.
The film was censored on Wednesday (26 March) and was given "A" rating by the censor board. One of the film's producers, Anil Sunkara, confirmed the news on its twitter handle. "LEGEND censor done with A. ALL SET FOR A GRANDEST RELEASE on MARCH 28th," Sunkara tweeted.
The film's audio and trailer have already generated a lot of positive pre-release buzz. The makers of the film have reportedly made a profit of around ₹6.5 crore even before the film's release, sources told 123telugu.
"Legend" is deemed as a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's punch dialogues, emotional scenes and Brahmanandam's comedy are said to be the highlights of the film.
The film has Radhika Apte and Sonal Chauhan as the female leads, whereas actor Jagapathi Babu will be appearing as the villain for the first time in the action entertainer flick.
"Legend" is touted to be the most expensive film in Balakrishna's career. The film, produced by 14 Reels Entertainment and presented by Vaarahi Chalana Chitram, will be the first biggest summer release of this year. The action entertainer is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release as there are no other big films hitting the screens.
However, its performance in the following days will depend on its content. If the film receives positive reviews from critics as well as the audience, it is likely to do good business at the box office.
Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's 2010-release "Simha" was a big success at the box office. Trade experts and fans would be eagerly waiting to see if "Legend" will be able to perform well and recreate the success of "Simha."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia