'Legend' Box Office: Balakrishna Starrer Set for Big Release; Will it Recreate 'Simha' Magic?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
Nandamuri Balakrishna's film "Legend" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 March.
"Legend" is one of the most-anticipated films of 2014 as Balakrishna has teamed up with director Boyapati Srinu for the second time post the success of "Simha" in 2010.
The film was censored on Wednesday (26 March) and was given "A" rating by the censor board. One of the film's producers, Anil Sunkara, confirmed the news on its twitter handle. "LEGEND censor done with A. ALL SET FOR A GRANDEST RELEASE on MARCH 28th," Sunkara tweeted.
The film's audio and trailer have already generated a lot of positive pre-release buzz. The makers of the film have reportedly made a profit of around ₹6.5 crore even before the film's release, sources told 123telugu.
"Legend" is deemed as a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's punch dialogues, emotional scenes and Brahmanandam's comedy are said to be the highlights of the film.
The film has Radhika Apte and Sonal Chauhan as the female leads, whereas actor Jagapathi Babu will be appearing as the villain for the first time in the action entertainer flick.
"Legend" is touted to be the most expensive film in Balakrishna's career. The film, produced by 14 Reels Entertainment and presented by Vaarahi Chalana Chitram, will be the first biggest summer release of this year. The action entertainer is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release as there are no other big films hitting the screens.
However, its performance in the following days will depend on its content. If the film receives positive reviews from critics as well as the audience, it is likely to do good business at the box office.
Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's 2010-release "Simha" was a big success at the box office. Trade experts and fans would be eagerly waiting to see if "Legend" will be able to perform well and recreate the success of "Simha."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales