'Legend' Box Office: Balakrishna Starrer Set for Big Release; Will it Recreate 'Simha' Magic?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
Nandamuri Balakrishna's film "Legend" is all set to have a grand release worldwide on 28 March.
"Legend" is one of the most-anticipated films of 2014 as Balakrishna has teamed up with director Boyapati Srinu for the second time post the success of "Simha" in 2010.
The film was censored on Wednesday (26 March) and was given "A" rating by the censor board. One of the film's producers, Anil Sunkara, confirmed the news on its twitter handle. "LEGEND censor done with A. ALL SET FOR A GRANDEST RELEASE on MARCH 28th," Sunkara tweeted.
The film's audio and trailer have already generated a lot of positive pre-release buzz. The makers of the film have reportedly made a profit of around ₹6.5 crore even before the film's release, sources told 123telugu.
"Legend" is deemed as a mass entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's punch dialogues, emotional scenes and Brahmanandam's comedy are said to be the highlights of the film.
The film has Radhika Apte and Sonal Chauhan as the female leads, whereas actor Jagapathi Babu will be appearing as the villain for the first time in the action entertainer flick.
"Legend" is touted to be the most expensive film in Balakrishna's career. The film, produced by 14 Reels Entertainment and presented by Vaarahi Chalana Chitram, will be the first biggest summer release of this year. The action entertainer is expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release as there are no other big films hitting the screens.
However, its performance in the following days will depend on its content. If the film receives positive reviews from critics as well as the audience, it is likely to do good business at the box office.
Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's 2010-release "Simha" was a big success at the box office. Trade experts and fans would be eagerly waiting to see if "Legend" will be able to perform well and recreate the success of "Simha."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build