Game of Thrones Ascent: Now on iPad, New Features Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | March 27, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Fans of George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" will be excited to hear that the video game titled Game of Thrones Ascent, a spin-off of the HBO TV show that is based on series of books will now be released on iPads too.
Game of Thrones Ascent will now be released on iPad too.
As fans wait until 6 April for the premiere of the first episode of the fourth season of the TV series, they can play the game, which has been developed by Disruptor Beam. The game was originally released for web browsers in 2013 and was also playable on Facebook and on the websites of its developer.
The game for iPad has added new features for the tablet's retina display - Game Center leaderboards and iOS 7 compatibility and support. It will also feature an improved user flow, updated user interface, enhanced art, and optimised imagery.
Players will be able to ally with the Starks, Lannisters, Greyjoys and other families and strategize the growth of the family they have allied with. Players can also create alliances with other players and they can fortify their capital.
Players will travel to the fantasy world of Westeros and take part in what is going on even as the TV show continues. "We recognize that tablets are actually where so many Game of Thrones fans are either reading the books or watching the TV show," said Jon Radoff, CEO and founder of Disruptor Beam, GameSpot reported.
Any move made by the player will improve the power score and players can check where they stand in the global leaderboard. Players will be given different choices in the game and the story progresses based on what option the player chooses. There are 'thousands' of story quests in-game and players will be playing as nobles of Westeros.
The game will be available on Android, sometime in the future, promised Radoff. Telltale Games are also developing a Game of Thrones title, but there has been no information of its release date yet.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports