Game of Thrones Ascent: Now on iPad, New Features Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | March 27, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Fans of George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" will be excited to hear that the video game titled Game of Thrones Ascent, a spin-off of the HBO TV show that is based on series of books will now be released on iPads too.
Game of Thrones Ascent will now be released on iPad too.
As fans wait until 6 April for the premiere of the first episode of the fourth season of the TV series, they can play the game, which has been developed by Disruptor Beam. The game was originally released for web browsers in 2013 and was also playable on Facebook and on the websites of its developer.
The game for iPad has added new features for the tablet's retina display - Game Center leaderboards and iOS 7 compatibility and support. It will also feature an improved user flow, updated user interface, enhanced art, and optimised imagery.
Players will be able to ally with the Starks, Lannisters, Greyjoys and other families and strategize the growth of the family they have allied with. Players can also create alliances with other players and they can fortify their capital.
Players will travel to the fantasy world of Westeros and take part in what is going on even as the TV show continues. "We recognize that tablets are actually where so many Game of Thrones fans are either reading the books or watching the TV show," said Jon Radoff, CEO and founder of Disruptor Beam, GameSpot reported.
Any move made by the player will improve the power score and players can check where they stand in the global leaderboard. Players will be given different choices in the game and the story progresses based on what option the player chooses. There are 'thousands' of story quests in-game and players will be playing as nobles of Westeros.
The game will be available on Android, sometime in the future, promised Radoff. Telltale Games are also developing a Game of Thrones title, but there has been no information of its release date yet.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu