Game of Thrones Ascent: Now on iPad, New Features Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | March 27, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Fans of George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" will be excited to hear that the video game titled Game of Thrones Ascent, a spin-off of the HBO TV show that is based on series of books will now be released on iPads too.
Game of Thrones Ascent will now be released on iPad too.
As fans wait until 6 April for the premiere of the first episode of the fourth season of the TV series, they can play the game, which has been developed by Disruptor Beam. The game was originally released for web browsers in 2013 and was also playable on Facebook and on the websites of its developer.
The game for iPad has added new features for the tablet's retina display - Game Center leaderboards and iOS 7 compatibility and support. It will also feature an improved user flow, updated user interface, enhanced art, and optimised imagery.
Players will be able to ally with the Starks, Lannisters, Greyjoys and other families and strategize the growth of the family they have allied with. Players can also create alliances with other players and they can fortify their capital.
Players will travel to the fantasy world of Westeros and take part in what is going on even as the TV show continues. "We recognize that tablets are actually where so many Game of Thrones fans are either reading the books or watching the TV show," said Jon Radoff, CEO and founder of Disruptor Beam, GameSpot reported.
Any move made by the player will improve the power score and players can check where they stand in the global leaderboard. Players will be given different choices in the game and the story progresses based on what option the player chooses. There are 'thousands' of story quests in-game and players will be playing as nobles of Westeros.
The game will be available on Android, sometime in the future, promised Radoff. Telltale Games are also developing a Game of Thrones title, but there has been no information of its release date yet.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?