Android v4.3 Jelly Bean OS Update Now Seeding to Sony Xperia M (Single-SIM)
By Rohit KVN | March 27, 2014 4:39 PM EST
The new firmware (build number: 15.4.A.0.23) has been made available only to the single SIM Xperia M model via OTA (Over-The-Air) and it can also be downloaded manually from computer through PC Companion (for Windows) or Bridge (Mac).
To check for updates on the phone:
Go to Settings >> About phone >> Build number / version.
(Note: To install new firmware via wireless, users need have to the latest version of Update Centre application)
Since the roll out is being carried out in phases, it will take some time to reach other regions of the world.
According to the company, the new update is said to bring in smoother UI (User-interface), graphic interface, newer version of STAMINA Mode for longer battery life, updated camera interface (Burst Mode, Superior Auto & more), Sony entertainment apps ( Walkman, Album, Movies and more) and security features.
Other expected enhancements with the Android v4.3 Jelly Bean OS include:
Keyboard and input: The keypad is said get an enhanced algorithm for tap- typing, making text messaging less cumbersome. It is also said to enhance gamepad.
Dial Pad: Enhanced Auto-complete feature will predict more accurate phone-numbers and names. Users will also have the options to enable or disable the feature at phone settings.
Daydream: This new feature will enable users to browse through the photos via easily accessible albums.
Restricted Access: Once updated with 4.3 Jelly Bean, users can create profiles for guest user with restricted access to apps and other contents.
Graphics: V4.3 will now allow smartphones to support the industry's latest Open GL ES 3.0 graphics.
Settings: New tab is introduced to let users check which applications are active or disabled.
Location: Feature will enable the phone to automatically detect the Wi-Fi hot-spots without turning on the Wi-Fi mode all the time.
Language support: More dialects are included in the new v4.3 Jelly Bean OS.
Network: Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) support will make smartphone to use less power while transferring data between devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2