Carlos Santana Named Cleveland Indians’ Third Baseman
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 27, 2014 2:41 PM EST
The Cleveland Indians have decided to tab Carlos Santana as their starting third baseman, the team announced on Tuesday.
"The Cleveland Indians have announced that Carlos Santana will be their regular third baseman this season. Santana won't platoon with Lonnie Chisenhall, but he will also be the team's No. 2 catcher," Real GM reported.
The 27-year old Santana batted .254 with 71 home runs and 251 RBIs. Indians manager Terry Francona endorsed Santana as their starter at third baseman because of his upside as a cleanup hitter.
Carlos is going to play third," manager Terry Francona said Tuesday on MLB.com. "To be honest with you, I don't have a crystal ball. I'm not sure you really need to have one."
"Things happen. I think, at the beginning of Spring Training, I said I thought we could be the best team with Carlos and Lonnie (Chisenhall). I'm not exactly sure how that's going to play itself out. I don't know if anybody really is [sure]."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar