NASCAR News: Jeff Gordon-Stephen Rhodes Romance, Drivers Relationship Story Becoming Insensitive
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 27, 2014 2:35 PM EST
NASCAR racing fans have all been shocked this week, as rumors about homosexual relationship between Jeff and Stephen Rhodes becomes the hottest topic on several social media platform such Facebook and Twitter.
According to rumors, the 42-year old Gordon opened up about his sexual preference and revealed his relationship with another openly-gay NASCAR driver Stephen Rhodes.
The reports obviously caught the attention of millions of netizens active on Twitter and Facebook, drawing laughter and critical comments. There are also others who questioned the validity of reports, as they believed it could be made-up news from a satirical news site.
They are Right After All...
They are right after all. After thorough research in the Internet, the rumors of the openly gay relationship between Gordon and Rhodes are not true at all. In fact, it's one of the several hoax stories on Empire Sports news that went viral again this week.
Empire Sports, who popularized mega-hit rumors about Justin Biebers' encounter with Blake Griffin at Starbucks and the trade that sent Tony Romo to the Houston Texans, aced it again, but this time it takes on a gay relationship angle.
"As if the sports world didn't have enough people coming out of the closet. A highly respected member of the NASCAR community has come out and admitted he is in a relationship with a fellow openly gay NASCAR member. Jeff Gordon who is going through a divorce said that he is now dating openly gay driver Stephen Rhodes. Gordon joins a list of male athletes who are new to the openly gay sports world.
We are unable to get a comment from Gordon or Rhodes on this news of their relationship but it is 100% confirmed by them both. Both men have been seen around together since they came out just recently. The couple has been seen hand in hand but not much else in the public eye. This new couple has sparked a fire storm in the southern states where the rednecks tend to live."
Lies and more lies
It's hard to understand why people continue to make fabricated stories that not only taints the reputation of the persons being talked about but also makes people foolish. Yes, in a world where terrible things happen every second, stories that draw laughter relieve some bad air somehow. Still, there's no reason not to be sensitive, especially if deals with homo-sexuality or the dignity of an individual.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Video Of Floyd Mayweather Having An Altercation With A Random Woman, Who Had No Idea Who He Is, Goes Viral
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money