NASCAR News: Jeff Gordon-Stephen Rhodes Romance, Drivers Relationship Story Becoming Insensitive
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 27, 2014 2:35 PM EST
NASCAR racing fans have all been shocked this week, as rumors about homosexual relationship between Jeff and Stephen Rhodes becomes the hottest topic on several social media platform such Facebook and Twitter.
According to rumors, the 42-year old Gordon opened up about his sexual preference and revealed his relationship with another openly-gay NASCAR driver Stephen Rhodes.
The reports obviously caught the attention of millions of netizens active on Twitter and Facebook, drawing laughter and critical comments. There are also others who questioned the validity of reports, as they believed it could be made-up news from a satirical news site.
They are Right After All...
They are right after all. After thorough research in the Internet, the rumors of the openly gay relationship between Gordon and Rhodes are not true at all. In fact, it's one of the several hoax stories on Empire Sports news that went viral again this week.
Empire Sports, who popularized mega-hit rumors about Justin Biebers' encounter with Blake Griffin at Starbucks and the trade that sent Tony Romo to the Houston Texans, aced it again, but this time it takes on a gay relationship angle.
"As if the sports world didn't have enough people coming out of the closet. A highly respected member of the NASCAR community has come out and admitted he is in a relationship with a fellow openly gay NASCAR member. Jeff Gordon who is going through a divorce said that he is now dating openly gay driver Stephen Rhodes. Gordon joins a list of male athletes who are new to the openly gay sports world.
We are unable to get a comment from Gordon or Rhodes on this news of their relationship but it is 100% confirmed by them both. Both men have been seen around together since they came out just recently. The couple has been seen hand in hand but not much else in the public eye. This new couple has sparked a fire storm in the southern states where the rednecks tend to live."
Lies and more lies
It's hard to understand why people continue to make fabricated stories that not only taints the reputation of the persons being talked about but also makes people foolish. Yes, in a world where terrible things happen every second, stories that draw laughter relieve some bad air somehow. Still, there's no reason not to be sensitive, especially if deals with homo-sexuality or the dignity of an individual.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan