Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: Winner of Amir Khan-Luis Collazo Bout
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 27, 2014 2:30 PM EST
Previously, it has been revealed that Floyd Mayweather will likely fight Amir Khan before he hangs up his gloves. But the British boxer might be closing in on a fight with the undefeated boxer sooner than expected.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto
The British boxer has already moved on after Mayweather picked Marcos Maidana as his May 3 opponent. But this doesn't mean he is giving up his dream of landing a fight with the undefeated boxer. Since Khan will not get to fight Mayweather, he settled to fight in his undercard and face Luis Collazo, a former welterweight champion.
Although Mayweather remains undefeated and continues to dominate the world of boxing, it is only natural that a lot of fighters would want to have that chance to fight him. Khan, who has gained so much media hype and attention because of his desperation to fight Mayweather, isn't only one who is eager to fight the boxer from Grand Rapids. Collazo has also once called on Mayweather.
Now that Khan and Collazo are set to clash, Golden Boy Promotions Chief Executive Officer Richard Schaefer thinks it is the best way to prove which one of them is worthy of a shot at the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.
"Both Amir Khan and Luis Collazo have made it known that they want a shot at the winner of the fight between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana, so what better way for them to prove that they're next," Schaefer told ESPN.
In another report by the Daily Mail, Khan seemed exuberant even though he didn't get to fight Mayweather on May 3. He revealed to the webloid that Mayweather himself called him to let him so that their fight would still happen. Mayweather told Khan that he is one of the boxers that he wants to fight.
"He said he's got three fights left in his career and that I would be one of them," Khan said. "It could happen in a year, but I'm not going to chase it," he said. "I've made that mistake before, but it is an incentive to do a proper job on Collazo," he added.
Khan has a boxing record of 28 wins and 3 losses, 19 of which were won by knockout. Collazo has 35-5, with 18 KO wins.
Floyd Mayweather Preps Up, Trains To Justin Bieber's Music; Maidana Still Can't Fathom Why the Undefeated Boxer Chose Him Over Khan
Floyd Mayweather Kidnapping and Beating Incident, a Hoax Report
Floyd Mayweather Isn't a Cherry Picker; ‘I Have Earned the Right to Choose Who I Fight,' Says Undefeated Boxer
Twitter Insults: Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan vs. Adrien Broner
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How