Kim Kardashian Defends Controversial Cover for Vogue April 2014
By Annie Dee | March 27, 2014 2:22 PM EST
If people are shocked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue April 2014 and their families are either poking fun at them or acting as if the cover is not a big deal, Kim Kardashian finally said what she thinks of the cover that she and the father of her child graced in. Turns out, the reality star is very "honored." But who would not be, right? Kim defended Vogue's decision to feature her and Kanye by saying what she thinks are Vogue's reasons for choosing them.
Rapper Kanye West with wife Kim Kardashian/Reuters
Apparently Kim Kardashian was just as shocked as most people were that she and fiance Kanye West were chosen to do the cover of the April 2014 cover of Vogue. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim said during a March 25 interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers Hollywood Life reports.
No one could have guessed that Kim and Kanye would grace the coveted cover of Vogue, and the two were equally stoked when they heard it because they did not expect it at all. "I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course," Kim said, "but I didn't know it would be the cover." What an amazing surprise that must have been!
Even though there was a very public backlash against Kim's Vogue cover, the reality star told host Seth Meyers that she and fiance Kanye West did not let this affect how happy and honored they felt about Vogue's decision to feature them in the cover. If Vogue chose them, then they must have something that others do not.
Kim also said that she felt honored not because she's gracing a magazine that everyone reads, but because they symbolize and represent something that other celebrities do not. "Kanye's the first rapper to be on, I'm the first reality star to be on, and we're the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue]," Kim said. With these poetic reasons, Vogue's decision is starting to sound alright.
Like any other girl, Kim grew up dreaming that she would one day be on the cover of the world's #1 mag, and also revealed that she herself collected a lot of Vogue magazines. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim gushed in the show. "And to have Anna Wintour pick us ... I'm just so honored."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design