Kim Kardashian Defends Controversial Cover for Vogue April 2014
By Annie Dee | March 27, 2014 2:22 PM EST
If people are shocked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue April 2014 and their families are either poking fun at them or acting as if the cover is not a big deal, Kim Kardashian finally said what she thinks of the cover that she and the father of her child graced in. Turns out, the reality star is very "honored." But who would not be, right? Kim defended Vogue's decision to feature her and Kanye by saying what she thinks are Vogue's reasons for choosing them.
Rapper Kanye West with wife Kim Kardashian/Reuters
Apparently Kim Kardashian was just as shocked as most people were that she and fiance Kanye West were chosen to do the cover of the April 2014 cover of Vogue. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim said during a March 25 interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers Hollywood Life reports.
No one could have guessed that Kim and Kanye would grace the coveted cover of Vogue, and the two were equally stoked when they heard it because they did not expect it at all. "I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course," Kim said, "but I didn't know it would be the cover." What an amazing surprise that must have been!
Even though there was a very public backlash against Kim's Vogue cover, the reality star told host Seth Meyers that she and fiance Kanye West did not let this affect how happy and honored they felt about Vogue's decision to feature them in the cover. If Vogue chose them, then they must have something that others do not.
Kim also said that she felt honored not because she's gracing a magazine that everyone reads, but because they symbolize and represent something that other celebrities do not. "Kanye's the first rapper to be on, I'm the first reality star to be on, and we're the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue]," Kim said. With these poetic reasons, Vogue's decision is starting to sound alright.
Like any other girl, Kim grew up dreaming that she would one day be on the cover of the world's #1 mag, and also revealed that she herself collected a lot of Vogue magazines. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim gushed in the show. "And to have Anna Wintour pick us ... I'm just so honored."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales