Kim Kardashian Defends Controversial Cover for Vogue April 2014
By Annie Dee | March 27, 2014 2:22 PM EST
If people are shocked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue April 2014 and their families are either poking fun at them or acting as if the cover is not a big deal, Kim Kardashian finally said what she thinks of the cover that she and the father of her child graced in. Turns out, the reality star is very "honored." But who would not be, right? Kim defended Vogue's decision to feature her and Kanye by saying what she thinks are Vogue's reasons for choosing them.
Rapper Kanye West with wife Kim Kardashian/Reuters
Apparently Kim Kardashian was just as shocked as most people were that she and fiance Kanye West were chosen to do the cover of the April 2014 cover of Vogue. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim said during a March 25 interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers Hollywood Life reports.
No one could have guessed that Kim and Kanye would grace the coveted cover of Vogue, and the two were equally stoked when they heard it because they did not expect it at all. "I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course," Kim said, "but I didn't know it would be the cover." What an amazing surprise that must have been!
Even though there was a very public backlash against Kim's Vogue cover, the reality star told host Seth Meyers that she and fiance Kanye West did not let this affect how happy and honored they felt about Vogue's decision to feature them in the cover. If Vogue chose them, then they must have something that others do not.
Kim also said that she felt honored not because she's gracing a magazine that everyone reads, but because they symbolize and represent something that other celebrities do not. "Kanye's the first rapper to be on, I'm the first reality star to be on, and we're the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue]," Kim said. With these poetic reasons, Vogue's decision is starting to sound alright.
Like any other girl, Kim grew up dreaming that she would one day be on the cover of the world's #1 mag, and also revealed that she herself collected a lot of Vogue magazines. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim gushed in the show. "And to have Anna Wintour pick us ... I'm just so honored."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate