Kim Kardashian Defends Controversial Cover for Vogue April 2014
By Annie Dee | March 27, 2014 2:22 PM EST
If people are shocked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue April 2014 and their families are either poking fun at them or acting as if the cover is not a big deal, Kim Kardashian finally said what she thinks of the cover that she and the father of her child graced in. Turns out, the reality star is very "honored." But who would not be, right? Kim defended Vogue's decision to feature her and Kanye by saying what she thinks are Vogue's reasons for choosing them.
Rapper Kanye West with wife Kim Kardashian/Reuters
Apparently Kim Kardashian was just as shocked as most people were that she and fiance Kanye West were chosen to do the cover of the April 2014 cover of Vogue. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim said during a March 25 interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers Hollywood Life reports.
No one could have guessed that Kim and Kanye would grace the coveted cover of Vogue, and the two were equally stoked when they heard it because they did not expect it at all. "I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course," Kim said, "but I didn't know it would be the cover." What an amazing surprise that must have been!
Even though there was a very public backlash against Kim's Vogue cover, the reality star told host Seth Meyers that she and fiance Kanye West did not let this affect how happy and honored they felt about Vogue's decision to feature them in the cover. If Vogue chose them, then they must have something that others do not.
Kim also said that she felt honored not because she's gracing a magazine that everyone reads, but because they symbolize and represent something that other celebrities do not. "Kanye's the first rapper to be on, I'm the first reality star to be on, and we're the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue]," Kim said. With these poetic reasons, Vogue's decision is starting to sound alright.
Like any other girl, Kim grew up dreaming that she would one day be on the cover of the world's #1 mag, and also revealed that she herself collected a lot of Vogue magazines. "It's the biggest dream come true and I'm so honored," Kim gushed in the show. "And to have Anna Wintour pick us ... I'm just so honored."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports