5 Lesser Known People Than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Who Graced the Vogue Cover
By charmaine corne clutton | March 27, 2014 1:18 PM EST
After news of trying to persuade Anna Wintour, Vogue Magazine's Fashion editor-in-chief, to put them on the cover of the iconic and well-renowned fashion mag, Kim Kardashian has finally gotten her way as she was featured as the face of the magazine for the April issue. Avid fans and subscribers of the high-fashion, however, took their frustration to Twitter, claiming that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are not worthy to be the cover of the fashion mag.
"Well....I'm guess I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actress posted on her Twitter account in response to the infamous couple's cover.
Other celebrities have since then been making rounds on the internet for mocking the couple's cover. Leading the pack, James Franco and Seth Rogen, who have previously made a parody of Kanye's "Bound 2" song, pasted their faces on the cover.
It seems like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian opened the flood gates for lesser-known and amateur artists to claim to grace the cover of the magazine. Although fans might view the cover as an all time low for the magazine, below is a list of equally-lesser known artists who have graced the cover of the famous fashion mag sans the public outcry:
#5 Melanie Trump
Melanie Trump née Knauss landed the title of Vogue's cover face not because she was a high-fashion model at that time (2005) but because she were to marry at that time tycoon Donald Trump.
#4 Blake Lively
The "Gossip Girl" actress got to pose for the magazine twice.
#3 Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, Riley Kough
Just like Melanie Trump, the three women who got a chance to be cover girls of the fashion bible Vogue did not contribute to the fashion world but were rather chosen because of their affinity to the King of Rock n' Roll Elvis Presley.
#2 Kate Bosworth
Known for her role in the 2002 film "Blue Crush", Kate Bosworth has laid (relatively) low in the showbiz industry since then.
#1 Sienna Miller
Miller rose to fame when she dated Jude Law. Since then, the star has been cover girl for the magazine three times since 2006.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers