5 Lesser Known People Than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Who Graced the Vogue Cover
By charmaine corne clutton | March 27, 2014 1:18 PM EST
After news of trying to persuade Anna Wintour, Vogue Magazine's Fashion editor-in-chief, to put them on the cover of the iconic and well-renowned fashion mag, Kim Kardashian has finally gotten her way as she was featured as the face of the magazine for the April issue. Avid fans and subscribers of the high-fashion, however, took their frustration to Twitter, claiming that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are not worthy to be the cover of the fashion mag.
"Well....I'm guess I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actress posted on her Twitter account in response to the infamous couple's cover.
Other celebrities have since then been making rounds on the internet for mocking the couple's cover. Leading the pack, James Franco and Seth Rogen, who have previously made a parody of Kanye's "Bound 2" song, pasted their faces on the cover.
It seems like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian opened the flood gates for lesser-known and amateur artists to claim to grace the cover of the magazine. Although fans might view the cover as an all time low for the magazine, below is a list of equally-lesser known artists who have graced the cover of the famous fashion mag sans the public outcry:
#5 Melanie Trump
Melanie Trump née Knauss landed the title of Vogue's cover face not because she was a high-fashion model at that time (2005) but because she were to marry at that time tycoon Donald Trump.
#4 Blake Lively
The "Gossip Girl" actress got to pose for the magazine twice.
#3 Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, Riley Kough
Just like Melanie Trump, the three women who got a chance to be cover girls of the fashion bible Vogue did not contribute to the fashion world but were rather chosen because of their affinity to the King of Rock n' Roll Elvis Presley.
#2 Kate Bosworth
Known for her role in the 2002 film "Blue Crush", Kate Bosworth has laid (relatively) low in the showbiz industry since then.
#1 Sienna Miller
Miller rose to fame when she dated Jude Law. Since then, the star has been cover girl for the magazine three times since 2006.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports