5 Lesser Known People Than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Who Graced the Vogue Cover
By charmaine corne clutton | March 27, 2014 1:18 PM EST
After news of trying to persuade Anna Wintour, Vogue Magazine's Fashion editor-in-chief, to put them on the cover of the iconic and well-renowned fashion mag, Kim Kardashian has finally gotten her way as she was featured as the face of the magazine for the April issue. Avid fans and subscribers of the high-fashion, however, took their frustration to Twitter, claiming that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are not worthy to be the cover of the fashion mag.
"Well....I'm guess I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actress posted on her Twitter account in response to the infamous couple's cover.
Other celebrities have since then been making rounds on the internet for mocking the couple's cover. Leading the pack, James Franco and Seth Rogen, who have previously made a parody of Kanye's "Bound 2" song, pasted their faces on the cover.
It seems like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian opened the flood gates for lesser-known and amateur artists to claim to grace the cover of the magazine. Although fans might view the cover as an all time low for the magazine, below is a list of equally-lesser known artists who have graced the cover of the famous fashion mag sans the public outcry:
#5 Melanie Trump
Melanie Trump née Knauss landed the title of Vogue's cover face not because she was a high-fashion model at that time (2005) but because she were to marry at that time tycoon Donald Trump.
#4 Blake Lively
The "Gossip Girl" actress got to pose for the magazine twice.
#3 Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, Riley Kough
Just like Melanie Trump, the three women who got a chance to be cover girls of the fashion bible Vogue did not contribute to the fashion world but were rather chosen because of their affinity to the King of Rock n' Roll Elvis Presley.
#2 Kate Bosworth
Known for her role in the 2002 film "Blue Crush", Kate Bosworth has laid (relatively) low in the showbiz industry since then.
#1 Sienna Miller
Miller rose to fame when she dated Jude Law. Since then, the star has been cover girl for the magazine three times since 2006.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation