5 Lesser Known People Than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Who Graced the Vogue Cover
By charmaine corne clutton | March 27, 2014 1:18 PM EST
After news of trying to persuade Anna Wintour, Vogue Magazine's Fashion editor-in-chief, to put them on the cover of the iconic and well-renowned fashion mag, Kim Kardashian has finally gotten her way as she was featured as the face of the magazine for the April issue. Avid fans and subscribers of the high-fashion, however, took their frustration to Twitter, claiming that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are not worthy to be the cover of the fashion mag.
"Well....I'm guess I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actress posted on her Twitter account in response to the infamous couple's cover.
Other celebrities have since then been making rounds on the internet for mocking the couple's cover. Leading the pack, James Franco and Seth Rogen, who have previously made a parody of Kanye's "Bound 2" song, pasted their faces on the cover.
It seems like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian opened the flood gates for lesser-known and amateur artists to claim to grace the cover of the magazine. Although fans might view the cover as an all time low for the magazine, below is a list of equally-lesser known artists who have graced the cover of the famous fashion mag sans the public outcry:
#5 Melanie Trump
Melanie Trump née Knauss landed the title of Vogue's cover face not because she was a high-fashion model at that time (2005) but because she were to marry at that time tycoon Donald Trump.
#4 Blake Lively
The "Gossip Girl" actress got to pose for the magazine twice.
#3 Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, Riley Kough
Just like Melanie Trump, the three women who got a chance to be cover girls of the fashion bible Vogue did not contribute to the fashion world but were rather chosen because of their affinity to the King of Rock n' Roll Elvis Presley.
#2 Kate Bosworth
Known for her role in the 2002 film "Blue Crush", Kate Bosworth has laid (relatively) low in the showbiz industry since then.
#1 Sienna Miller
Miller rose to fame when she dated Jude Law. Since then, the star has been cover girl for the magazine three times since 2006.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged