Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Release Date; Specs and Features Leaked
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Following the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the Mobile World Congress 2014 this February, the Korean smartphone giant is speculated to launch a smaller version of the smartphone with Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung's move to offer Galaxy S5 Mini is unsurprising considering the miniature remake of their previous flagships such as the Galaxy S3 Mini and the Galaxy S4 Mini. The S5 Mini is rumoured to hold the device number SM-G750A after being spotted in a leak from the Samsung Mobile server.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Features and Specifications
The User Agent Profile (UAP) leaked some of the features of the speculated Galaxy 5 mini. The leak suggests that the new mini would be a mid-high end model to run on a 2.3GHz processor (predicted to be Snapdragon 800). In terms of display, the Galaxy S5 mini would feature a 720 x 1280p HD display resolution.
The S5 mini's OS is currently Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, but is expected to have an Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade upon roll out. However, there is no guarantee that SM-G750A will be the Galaxy S5 mini since there are plenty of other models Samsung is also brewing.
With the current competition in the mobile market, there are speculations surfacing that the S5 mini is Samsung's model to compete with Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. The Xperia Z1 Compact is known to be a handset packed with impressive specifications and high-end features despite a smaller variant of the flagship Z1.
Samsung's 2014 flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, 16 MP primary camera, and runs with 2.5 GHz Quad-core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset. Galaxy S5 highlights water and dust-proof features alongside a built in heart-rate monitor and a finger-print sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Release Date
If the rumours were true, consumers can expect the launch of the S5 mini sometime in June 2014. Its price tag and availability for the Australian market has to be known yet.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 is finally reaching Australian stores in April 11 with a price of AU 899.95 for the 16 GB 4G LTE variant.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Carrier Predictions: AT&T and Sprint on the List
Where Apple Beats Samsung? iPhone 'Most Desirable' Smartphone, Did iPhone 5c Played a Role?
Sony Xperia Z2: Best Features Users Will Love
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2