iOSphere Headlines Roundup for the Week Ending March 21
By Judith Aparri | March 27, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Last week has a lot of strengths in iOSphere rumours of iPhone 6, which is already known by many, including Apple's plans; or at least what the Cupertino firm should be doing, or about what's really most important in smartphones.
A worker climbs outside an Apple store in Hong Kong April 10, 2013. Apple Inc. tops again in the list of Most Valuable Brand in the U.S. by Brand Finance.
In the iPhone 6 rumour rollup: one blogger proclaimed boldly that iPhone is already losing. Another urged the phone maker to rush the release of iPhone 6 to staunch the customers who waited long and are choosing bigger screen units from rivals. Another item said Healthbook is boring without iWatch. Some are optimistic that Chinese manufacturing plants are set up for the assembly works while others hate iPhone 5c for causing the delay of iPhone 6.
As the search for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 enters third week, here's what you might have missed in week March 17 to 21 from the posts of Kevin Krause and John Cox of iSource and Macworld respectively.
iOS 8 Leaks
iOS 8 leaks came early this month, showing an app screen for Apple's rumoured Healthbook app. This week shows a more detailed look of the app which includes parameters for tracking activity, nutrition and blood analysis.
iPhone 5c 8GB Introduced, iPad 2 Discontinued
Apple introduced iPhone 5c 8GB model in some regions, a variant that answers the call for low-cost iPhone. It comes with free option on some carriers that offer long-term contracts. Meanwhile, iPad 2 has been discontinued. iPad 4 replaced it.
Apple Is Named Again as Most Valuable Brand
Apple tops again in the list of Most Valuable Brand in the U.S. by Brand Finance. The Cupertino firm is valued at $105 billion, while the trailing Google is at $68 billion.
Wooden Panels for iPhone, Bulletproof Screen Protectors and a Dumbbell Case
There were some notes this week with regards to iPhone accessories and add-ons. There was a discovery of elegant replacement panels for Apple's smartphone, obtained from fine-grained wood surfaces. The screen protector is not as bulletproof as claimed and the ToneFone case is an all-steel monster that doubles a three-pound dumbbell used for muscle toning.
Flappy Bird creator announces the return of the app
Former Microsoft employee arrested for leaking secrets of Windows Phone
Google introduced Android wear
Huawei cancels Android-Windows Phone making
Samsung Galaxy S5 accepts preorders
The best Windows Phone apps for March Madness
Turkey blocks Twitter amidst election controversy
There you go for the iOSphere headlines roundup for last week. This week is a great week indeed with much events coming up such as the announcement of HTC's next flagship phone on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health