iOSphere Headlines Roundup for the Week Ending March 21
By Judith Aparri | March 27, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Last week has a lot of strengths in iOSphere rumours of iPhone 6, which is already known by many, including Apple's plans; or at least what the Cupertino firm should be doing, or about what's really most important in smartphones.
A worker climbs outside an Apple store in Hong Kong April 10, 2013. Apple Inc. tops again in the list of Most Valuable Brand in the U.S. by Brand Finance.
In the iPhone 6 rumour rollup: one blogger proclaimed boldly that iPhone is already losing. Another urged the phone maker to rush the release of iPhone 6 to staunch the customers who waited long and are choosing bigger screen units from rivals. Another item said Healthbook is boring without iWatch. Some are optimistic that Chinese manufacturing plants are set up for the assembly works while others hate iPhone 5c for causing the delay of iPhone 6.
As the search for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 enters third week, here's what you might have missed in week March 17 to 21 from the posts of Kevin Krause and John Cox of iSource and Macworld respectively.
iOS 8 Leaks
iOS 8 leaks came early this month, showing an app screen for Apple's rumoured Healthbook app. This week shows a more detailed look of the app which includes parameters for tracking activity, nutrition and blood analysis.
iPhone 5c 8GB Introduced, iPad 2 Discontinued
Apple introduced iPhone 5c 8GB model in some regions, a variant that answers the call for low-cost iPhone. It comes with free option on some carriers that offer long-term contracts. Meanwhile, iPad 2 has been discontinued. iPad 4 replaced it.
Apple Is Named Again as Most Valuable Brand
Apple tops again in the list of Most Valuable Brand in the U.S. by Brand Finance. The Cupertino firm is valued at $105 billion, while the trailing Google is at $68 billion.
Wooden Panels for iPhone, Bulletproof Screen Protectors and a Dumbbell Case
There were some notes this week with regards to iPhone accessories and add-ons. There was a discovery of elegant replacement panels for Apple's smartphone, obtained from fine-grained wood surfaces. The screen protector is not as bulletproof as claimed and the ToneFone case is an all-steel monster that doubles a three-pound dumbbell used for muscle toning.
Flappy Bird creator announces the return of the app
Former Microsoft employee arrested for leaking secrets of Windows Phone
Google introduced Android wear
Huawei cancels Android-Windows Phone making
Samsung Galaxy S5 accepts preorders
The best Windows Phone apps for March Madness
Turkey blocks Twitter amidst election controversy
There you go for the iOSphere headlines roundup for last week. This week is a great week indeed with much events coming up such as the announcement of HTC's next flagship phone on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build