Demi Lovato, Kathy Griffin Twitter War, 'Let It Go' Singer Urges Fans to Chill
By Maychelle Ornos | March 27, 2014 12:27 PM EST
Twitter has always been grounds for wars among celebrities and now trouble is brewing among Demi Lovato, Kathy Griffin, and the “Let It Go” singer’s fans. Demi Lovato defended herself as the 53-year-old comedienne calls her the “Biggest Celebrity Douche” in a recent Twitter chat among the latter’s fans last March 25th. This has yet to be the biggest celebrity Twitter war and followers of Demi Lovato are quick to defend the 21-year-old former Disney star, according to the Hollywood Life.
Judge Demi Lovato poses backstage after "The X Factor " finale in Los Angeles
The Emmy and Grammy Award-winning comedienne was left to deal with dozens of hate mails and tweets from the angry fans of the “Heart Attack” singer. Some of the tweets were not only directed to the comedienne but also to her family. Lovatics wished Griffin to have cancer, be raped, and die among many other things.
The twitter war started after Griffin called Lovato as the biggest celebrity douche after the Pop star criticized Lady Gaga for making bulimia an art as the latter vomited on-stage during her SXSW concert. Lovato received a lot of hate mails for the comment she made on Lady Gaga’s performance but she has taken it all in stride and stood up to her words.
However, the “My Life on the D-List” star still had her humour intact as she retweets and comment on the hate messages she received from the fans of the “Heart Attack” singer. She even disses one of the haters for having been shot down by autocorrect.
The hate that was spreading from both sides was getting out of hand, thus, Lovato opted to urge fans to try and let it go. The former Disney star even deleted a picture of her dissing the comedienne in order to quell the fire.
One of the people who came to the rescue for the “Heart Attack” singer was celebrity blogger Perez Hilton. Everyone is now taking sides and it seems the Twitter war might still rage on even as Lovato asked her fans to chill. She even stated that she is against cyberbullying. Both sides are trying to deal with the incident as they defend themselves from various Twitter attacks.
Probably Debbie Lovato Plus she should calm the f down bout Lady Gaga gettin barfed onRT @SamRedgrove: biggest douche celebrity you've met?
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 25, 2014
Sharin a few actual tweets frm ppl who identify as @ddlovato fans.I DO understand these cant possibly represent the views frm all her fans — Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
I love you guys so much but y'all gotta chill with sending hate towards other people. Regardless of what they ... http://t.co/cnrSy5JewH
— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) March 26, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage