'Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron' Set to Release in 2015, Filming Photos Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 12:21 PM EST
The second instalment of the "Avengers" began filming and photos on the set are revealed online. The upcoming Marvel superhero film is entitled "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and is expected to release in the summer of 2015.
The crew of the "Avengers 2" went to the Italian city of Aosta to film scenes of the movie. Photographers were able to capture photos of Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in their action stunts. The photos also gave the online audiences a sneak peak on how the cyborg villain Ultron, played by James Spader, would look in costume.
The eleventh instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is receiving plenty of following with interconnected stories of Marvel superheroes played by Hollywood A-listers. Interestingly, the "Avengers 2" movie and the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will have a character comparison with the Quicksilver role to be played by different stars. The "Avengers" casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson while "X-Men" roots for Evan Peters.
New Characters, New Foe for the "Avengers 2"
Photos taken during the Italy filming fired up the excitement of the fans with new characters to add on the original Avengers cast. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play mutant twin Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr. Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans in the 2015 film.
After the "Avengers" beat Loki in the first movie, "Avengers 2" will have the superheroes reassembled to fight the robot Ultron who aims to take over the Earth. Director Joss Whedon reportedly considered James Spader as the lone choice for Ultron's role because of actor's "hypnotic and compelling voice."
"Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" is expected to be another blockbuster following its $1.5 billion worldwide gross in 2012, cementing its position as the third top-grossing film after "Titanic" and "Avatar". With the biggest starts at the helm, exceeding the sales of the 2012 prequel may not be impossible for "Avengers 2."
For fans who cannot wait for the second instalment to be released in theatres, "Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" filming started February 2014 in different countries including South Africa, England, Italy, and South Korea. According to the online movie database IMDb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will hit US cinemas in May 1, 2015.
Other Movies to Follow this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles