'Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron' Set to Release in 2015, Filming Photos Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 12:21 PM EST
The second instalment of the "Avengers" began filming and photos on the set are revealed online. The upcoming Marvel superhero film is entitled "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and is expected to release in the summer of 2015.
The crew of the "Avengers 2" went to the Italian city of Aosta to film scenes of the movie. Photographers were able to capture photos of Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in their action stunts. The photos also gave the online audiences a sneak peak on how the cyborg villain Ultron, played by James Spader, would look in costume.
The eleventh instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is receiving plenty of following with interconnected stories of Marvel superheroes played by Hollywood A-listers. Interestingly, the "Avengers 2" movie and the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will have a character comparison with the Quicksilver role to be played by different stars. The "Avengers" casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson while "X-Men" roots for Evan Peters.
New Characters, New Foe for the "Avengers 2"
Photos taken during the Italy filming fired up the excitement of the fans with new characters to add on the original Avengers cast. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play mutant twin Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr. Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans in the 2015 film.
After the "Avengers" beat Loki in the first movie, "Avengers 2" will have the superheroes reassembled to fight the robot Ultron who aims to take over the Earth. Director Joss Whedon reportedly considered James Spader as the lone choice for Ultron's role because of actor's "hypnotic and compelling voice."
"Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" is expected to be another blockbuster following its $1.5 billion worldwide gross in 2012, cementing its position as the third top-grossing film after "Titanic" and "Avatar". With the biggest starts at the helm, exceeding the sales of the 2012 prequel may not be impossible for "Avengers 2."
For fans who cannot wait for the second instalment to be released in theatres, "Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" filming started February 2014 in different countries including South Africa, England, Italy, and South Korea. According to the online movie database IMDb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will hit US cinemas in May 1, 2015.
Other Movies to Follow this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China