'Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron' Set to Release in 2015, Filming Photos Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 12:21 PM EST
The second instalment of the "Avengers" began filming and photos on the set are revealed online. The upcoming Marvel superhero film is entitled "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and is expected to release in the summer of 2015.
The crew of the "Avengers 2" went to the Italian city of Aosta to film scenes of the movie. Photographers were able to capture photos of Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in their action stunts. The photos also gave the online audiences a sneak peak on how the cyborg villain Ultron, played by James Spader, would look in costume.
The eleventh instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is receiving plenty of following with interconnected stories of Marvel superheroes played by Hollywood A-listers. Interestingly, the "Avengers 2" movie and the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will have a character comparison with the Quicksilver role to be played by different stars. The "Avengers" casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson while "X-Men" roots for Evan Peters.
New Characters, New Foe for the "Avengers 2"
Photos taken during the Italy filming fired up the excitement of the fans with new characters to add on the original Avengers cast. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play mutant twin Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr. Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans in the 2015 film.
After the "Avengers" beat Loki in the first movie, "Avengers 2" will have the superheroes reassembled to fight the robot Ultron who aims to take over the Earth. Director Joss Whedon reportedly considered James Spader as the lone choice for Ultron's role because of actor's "hypnotic and compelling voice."
"Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" is expected to be another blockbuster following its $1.5 billion worldwide gross in 2012, cementing its position as the third top-grossing film after "Titanic" and "Avatar". With the biggest starts at the helm, exceeding the sales of the 2012 prequel may not be impossible for "Avengers 2."
For fans who cannot wait for the second instalment to be released in theatres, "Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" filming started February 2014 in different countries including South Africa, England, Italy, and South Korea. According to the online movie database IMDb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will hit US cinemas in May 1, 2015.
Other Movies to Follow this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions