'Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron' Set to Release in 2015, Filming Photos Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 12:21 PM EST
The second instalment of the "Avengers" began filming and photos on the set are revealed online. The upcoming Marvel superhero film is entitled "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and is expected to release in the summer of 2015.
The crew of the "Avengers 2" went to the Italian city of Aosta to film scenes of the movie. Photographers were able to capture photos of Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in their action stunts. The photos also gave the online audiences a sneak peak on how the cyborg villain Ultron, played by James Spader, would look in costume.
The eleventh instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is receiving plenty of following with interconnected stories of Marvel superheroes played by Hollywood A-listers. Interestingly, the "Avengers 2" movie and the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will have a character comparison with the Quicksilver role to be played by different stars. The "Avengers" casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson while "X-Men" roots for Evan Peters.
New Characters, New Foe for the "Avengers 2"
Photos taken during the Italy filming fired up the excitement of the fans with new characters to add on the original Avengers cast. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play mutant twin Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr. Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans in the 2015 film.
After the "Avengers" beat Loki in the first movie, "Avengers 2" will have the superheroes reassembled to fight the robot Ultron who aims to take over the Earth. Director Joss Whedon reportedly considered James Spader as the lone choice for Ultron's role because of actor's "hypnotic and compelling voice."
"Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" is expected to be another blockbuster following its $1.5 billion worldwide gross in 2012, cementing its position as the third top-grossing film after "Titanic" and "Avatar". With the biggest starts at the helm, exceeding the sales of the 2012 prequel may not be impossible for "Avengers 2."
For fans who cannot wait for the second instalment to be released in theatres, "Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" filming started February 2014 in different countries including South Africa, England, Italy, and South Korea. According to the online movie database IMDb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will hit US cinemas in May 1, 2015.
Other Movies to Follow this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James