'Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron' Set to Release in 2015, Filming Photos Revealed
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 27, 2014 12:21 PM EST
The second instalment of the "Avengers" began filming and photos on the set are revealed online. The upcoming Marvel superhero film is entitled "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and is expected to release in the summer of 2015.
The crew of the "Avengers 2" went to the Italian city of Aosta to film scenes of the movie. Photographers were able to capture photos of Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in their action stunts. The photos also gave the online audiences a sneak peak on how the cyborg villain Ultron, played by James Spader, would look in costume.
The eleventh instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is receiving plenty of following with interconnected stories of Marvel superheroes played by Hollywood A-listers. Interestingly, the "Avengers 2" movie and the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" will have a character comparison with the Quicksilver role to be played by different stars. The "Avengers" casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson while "X-Men" roots for Evan Peters.
New Characters, New Foe for the "Avengers 2"
Photos taken during the Italy filming fired up the excitement of the fans with new characters to add on the original Avengers cast. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play mutant twin Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr. Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans in the 2015 film.
After the "Avengers" beat Loki in the first movie, "Avengers 2" will have the superheroes reassembled to fight the robot Ultron who aims to take over the Earth. Director Joss Whedon reportedly considered James Spader as the lone choice for Ultron's role because of actor's "hypnotic and compelling voice."
"Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" is expected to be another blockbuster following its $1.5 billion worldwide gross in 2012, cementing its position as the third top-grossing film after "Titanic" and "Avatar". With the biggest starts at the helm, exceeding the sales of the 2012 prequel may not be impossible for "Avengers 2."
For fans who cannot wait for the second instalment to be released in theatres, "Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" filming started February 2014 in different countries including South Africa, England, Italy, and South Korea. According to the online movie database IMDb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will hit US cinemas in May 1, 2015.
Other Movies to Follow this 2014:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October