Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M [SLIDESHOW]
March 27, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M
Rihanna is Council of Fashion Designers of America's (CFDA) Fashion Icon of the Year for 2014 following the footsteps of supermodel Kate Moss, actress Nicole Kidman and pop superstar Lady Gaga.
The "Diamond" singer will be credited for her contributions in the fashion industry being a fashion designer herself. CFDA is giving the award to people whose fashion statement made an impact in the global pop culture, and it also acknowledged the songstress' philanthropy for the MAC AIDS Fund's Viva Glam campaign.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory", said Steven Kolb, CEO of the CFDA in a report by USA Today.
The official Twitter account of CFDA also announced of the organization's selection of Rihanna for the award. The tweet goes:
— CFDA (@CFDA) March 24, 2014
Looking back Rihanna's style evolution, there is no doubt that the songstress is fierce and bold with her fashion choices. From fashionably sporting a green lipstick to wearing a street-inspired clothes matched with heels, the singer definitely knows how to rock her style with confidence.
However, Rihanna's name being tagged as a fashion force is credited not only from flaunting stylish wardrobes, the songstress reportedly became a friend of the famous German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld who sat with her in the front rows of Chanel's fashion shows in Paris and Dallas. The pop star is also the face of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign.
The 26-year-old Barbadian recording star will receive with the Fashion Icon of the Year 2014 award on June 2 at the Lincoln Center in New York City.
Meanwhile, Rihanna is reportedly selling her Los Angeles mansion where there is a history of a stalker breaking into the house. The Pacific Palisades estate is a modern-Caribbean inspired home with neutral to warm colour-scheme as described by Trulia.
The singer moved into the 11,000 square foot mansion in December 2012, but she rarely stays in the place due to the hectic schedule of her world tours. Rihanna's mansion sells for $14,995,000 price tag.
For more celebrity and entertainment posts, read below:
Jennifer Lawrence Dead: Hoax Circulating the Internet, Other Celebrities also Victims
Justin Bieber's Memory Fail, Troubled Singer Forgets Australia Tour; Song Blasted by High Schoolers to Raise $500 Donation [VIDEO]
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson Faces Combined To Make a Beautiful Hybrid Actress
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers