Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M [SLIDESHOW]
March 27, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M
Rihanna is Council of Fashion Designers of America's (CFDA) Fashion Icon of the Year for 2014 following the footsteps of supermodel Kate Moss, actress Nicole Kidman and pop superstar Lady Gaga.
The "Diamond" singer will be credited for her contributions in the fashion industry being a fashion designer herself. CFDA is giving the award to people whose fashion statement made an impact in the global pop culture, and it also acknowledged the songstress' philanthropy for the MAC AIDS Fund's Viva Glam campaign.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory", said Steven Kolb, CEO of the CFDA in a report by USA Today.
The official Twitter account of CFDA also announced of the organization's selection of Rihanna for the award. The tweet goes:
— CFDA (@CFDA) March 24, 2014
Looking back Rihanna's style evolution, there is no doubt that the songstress is fierce and bold with her fashion choices. From fashionably sporting a green lipstick to wearing a street-inspired clothes matched with heels, the singer definitely knows how to rock her style with confidence.
However, Rihanna's name being tagged as a fashion force is credited not only from flaunting stylish wardrobes, the songstress reportedly became a friend of the famous German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld who sat with her in the front rows of Chanel's fashion shows in Paris and Dallas. The pop star is also the face of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign.
The 26-year-old Barbadian recording star will receive with the Fashion Icon of the Year 2014 award on June 2 at the Lincoln Center in New York City.
Meanwhile, Rihanna is reportedly selling her Los Angeles mansion where there is a history of a stalker breaking into the house. The Pacific Palisades estate is a modern-Caribbean inspired home with neutral to warm colour-scheme as described by Trulia.
The singer moved into the 11,000 square foot mansion in December 2012, but she rarely stays in the place due to the hectic schedule of her world tours. Rihanna's mansion sells for $14,995,000 price tag.
For more celebrity and entertainment posts, read below:
Jennifer Lawrence Dead: Hoax Circulating the Internet, Other Celebrities also Victims
Justin Bieber's Memory Fail, Troubled Singer Forgets Australia Tour; Song Blasted by High Schoolers to Raise $500 Donation [VIDEO]
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson Faces Combined To Make a Beautiful Hybrid Actress
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight