Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M [SLIDESHOW]
March 27, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Rihanna is Fashion Icon of the Year; Sells LA Mansion for $15M
Rihanna is Council of Fashion Designers of America's (CFDA) Fashion Icon of the Year for 2014 following the footsteps of supermodel Kate Moss, actress Nicole Kidman and pop superstar Lady Gaga.
The "Diamond" singer will be credited for her contributions in the fashion industry being a fashion designer herself. CFDA is giving the award to people whose fashion statement made an impact in the global pop culture, and it also acknowledged the songstress' philanthropy for the MAC AIDS Fund's Viva Glam campaign.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory", said Steven Kolb, CEO of the CFDA in a report by USA Today.
The official Twitter account of CFDA also announced of the organization's selection of Rihanna for the award. The tweet goes:
— CFDA (@CFDA) March 24, 2014
Looking back Rihanna's style evolution, there is no doubt that the songstress is fierce and bold with her fashion choices. From fashionably sporting a green lipstick to wearing a street-inspired clothes matched with heels, the singer definitely knows how to rock her style with confidence.
However, Rihanna's name being tagged as a fashion force is credited not only from flaunting stylish wardrobes, the songstress reportedly became a friend of the famous German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld who sat with her in the front rows of Chanel's fashion shows in Paris and Dallas. The pop star is also the face of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign.
The 26-year-old Barbadian recording star will receive with the Fashion Icon of the Year 2014 award on June 2 at the Lincoln Center in New York City.
Meanwhile, Rihanna is reportedly selling her Los Angeles mansion where there is a history of a stalker breaking into the house. The Pacific Palisades estate is a modern-Caribbean inspired home with neutral to warm colour-scheme as described by Trulia.
The singer moved into the 11,000 square foot mansion in December 2012, but she rarely stays in the place due to the hectic schedule of her world tours. Rihanna's mansion sells for $14,995,000 price tag.
For more celebrity and entertainment posts, read below:
Jennifer Lawrence Dead: Hoax Circulating the Internet, Other Celebrities also Victims
Justin Bieber's Memory Fail, Troubled Singer Forgets Australia Tour; Song Blasted by High Schoolers to Raise $500 Donation [VIDEO]
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson Faces Combined To Make a Beautiful Hybrid Actress
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports